What the heck??? Plastic play penny in my penny box!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: This is a first for me, it is brown, exact size of a penny and has the head of Lincoln and the memorial on the back!!!! It says "World of money" "Play money" >:(

I was thinking of sending it back with my dumps but I will just toss it in my foreign coins... LOL

I am supprised it made it through the sorters and was rolled and boxed. :D

I remember reading that somebody just found a Pog while looking thru a 50c box, does this happen a lot?

Upvote 0

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Be glad you only paid a penny for yours. I must have gotten several dozen of those in nickel bags over the last couple years. The ones I get are the exact same diameter as a nickel. I've tried to send them back, but the counters I dump at shoot them out into the internal debris cup as they are so light.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I have lots of those in every denomination.
They and a lot of other strange things work their way into bags and boxes.
What I want to know is where does it come from - a game? Can you buy play money at a toy store?

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I found a penny in a roll of nickels recently. Searching a Brinks box and one of the rolls had 39 nickels and one penny. I just re-rolled it back in as just a couple of weeks ago I got a box that was at least a nickel short in about seven rolls. None had too many! I added the shorted ones to that box.

FL. Junkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread