RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Twice, in one week, somebody has reported an item I have listed on ebay. First, it was the WWII German badge. It got taken down because they do not allow Nazi German stuff on their site. Excuse me, why do you have 17,841 results for Nazi German militaria? Next, it was an 1800s U.S. Marshalls badge, that somebody bought today. The item was reported for being a law enforcement badge. It is. Why did they refund the buyer, take down my listing, and give me a warning? Who knows. Beats me why my listing was taken down, while over 500 other listing like mine were not.

Ebay has never messed with me before in the past for stuff like this, and now all of a sudden they end my listings, and refund the buyers? That's bull.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a number of years ago eBay was having a problem with fake lawman type badges and I think that is when they decided to ban them.

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember a number of years ago eBay was having a problem with fake lawman type badges and I think that is when they decided to ban them.

So why are there 500 such results for police badges on ebay? I can see maybe if someone were selling real, current badges....

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder, if perhaps, competition could have "reported" your item.
Get others' listings knocked out of the game, then they stand better chance of their item selling.
That's a real dirty dog thing to do to someone, but it does happen.
It also could have been a word or word phrase, that their algorithym picked up.
Hope things go better for you in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread