woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
If the MXT is what you've learned, and you like it, you're probably best off getting another one. Better the devil you know than the one you don't. After all these years the MXT is still a competitive product.

Kinda funny to be saying that, since I work for FTP-Fisher these days, but now and then I step out of trademark loyalty to offer what I believe to be good advice to people using other brands.

If you stick with the MXT, I recommend getting the 10 inch elliptical DD searchcoil for it. That's what the software was tuned for (not guessing, I wrote the code). A larger searchcoil might give you a hair more depth on the deepest targets but will leave behind shallower good targets masked by trash targets and ground mineralization.

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally speaking I like the V3i. Of course it is my daily detector. With that being said I do like the AT Gold. It's waterproof.... And seems to be a pretty good all around detector. Now I keep hearing rumors of a Fisher PI detector.... That should be interesting. If I were you, have the Mxt screen repaired and get a good PI machine. That's my 2 cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread