What to do in the Downtime

Hmille10

May 8, 2012
SE MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you on here have the privilege to detect all year around, but what do some of you who cant hunt during winter do on your down time?
With plans of getting a new detector this spring thanks to a wonderful,generous member on here, I took the time today to research laws and made a list of places I intend to hunt this year. I left blank spaces next to the locations so I can record any finds I may get later on. Mostly public places but I just want to be ready come spring so I can just go out and start detecting.

What do you guys do?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is research time. I use online sources to read old newspapers to learn about the history and layout of local parks and playgrounds and to look at old pictures. You can find obsolete parks, beaches and picnic grounds, and put together your list of where you want to hunt in the spring.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just snowed. I'm going to the beach tomorrow anyhow. (Really hard head needed.)

OP
OP
H

Hmille10

May 8, 2012
SE MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i watch a lot of you tube videos and clean my shovels

I also watch a ton of youtube videos and sit on here most of my free time. I am still very new so I am just trying to get as educated as I can before my first season with a nice detector. Its amazing what you can learn with the "ears open, mouth shut" mentality, so I cant wait to put it to use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions