Homer55

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2017
Sylvania ,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wandering after watching a bunch of videos on Youtube, what do you do with a lot of finds? I am sure a lot of old timers have collected tons of stuff. You dont keep it all do you? I'm talking all the stuff like sun glasses,old bullets, phones, ipods, cameras, lead , buckles,buttons, knives, spoons ,forks,etc. Obviously the money can be spent on equipment , and the old coins can be sold on the market. What about car keys,stainless steel stuff,like flatware?

Upvote 0

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BFD20BC0-0383-4253-A9DF-2F131F557591.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amass, hoard it all, it's mine all mine....

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
since i do all my hunting on my own property i keep what i want and what don't want i set next to a tree an pawpaw gets it

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep almost everything I find. I throw all the trash in a big bucket and the I sort the metals so I can sell it to scrap dealers. When you would find relics like buckles, older bullets, knives e.t.c you should probably have them in a display case (if they are good finds) if they're not really good finds you should trash them or sell them. I have all my better finds in a drawer organized.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I only keep coins and jewelry. I should keep the other metals for scrap, but I typically throw it away. I have thrown alot of money away doing that but that is what I currently do.

If i find relics I keep them as well, I just don't relic hunt that often. My primary thing is coin shooting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tend to give away a lot of what I find. In the last few years, I've given some of my 1/2, 1 & 2 Spanish silver Reals away to people that really like the coins. Giving away my found jewelry at nursing homes this year was fun for the recipients. To be honest, I have way to much treasure stuff...it's everywhere! :dontknow: The past few years I have began to place things in cases; coins, relics, buckles...etc. Now for room to display my collection.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you just described most of the stuff in my detecting man cave - best stuff is in displays up stairs (and some in museum)
but I have containers full of sunglasses, phones, toy cars, flatware, junk earrings, keys, tokens, etc in my cellar man cave - save it all except actual trash
I have scrap metal bins for copper, brass and lead

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HERE IS AN OLDER PIC of one of my tubs with "match box" cars - containers is about 2ft by 1 1/2ft bout a foot deep and is now over flowing
have a larger one with sunglasses that is also over flowing and large one with junk earrings over flowing have smaller ones with religious medals, and tokens,
a mid size container with keys - will take a pic of my "man cave" and show when I get the chance - thing is some of the sunglasses are beat but many have value and some have lot of value - my gal has plucked a few $200-$300 pairs from my haul and I have a few pairs of expensive ray bans that I wear from the bin.
there are guys that will buy those matchbox toys - when I was younger I put out a shoe box full at a yard sale of ones I had found and guys were buying them
guy were also buying fishing lures and sinkers I found that I put ot in a box too. Ive sold keys to key collectors and old buttons to button collectors - old woman ran a button museum and bought a bunch of colonial flat buttons off me when I was a kid - for us - we can finds 100s of what we call common
flat buttons from the 1700s - 1800s - but try and find them with out a detector - they are scarce - she paid me like $3 a piece back in the early 80s - I think she gave me like $60 bucks - I hold on to most of my stuff now - only thing ive sold over the last 20 yrs is gold & silver jewelry - I have most everything else
I wish I had everything from when I was a kid - I let go some pretty awesome stuff - much that is worth a lot more now a days, but I had to pay for
my first cars which I bought with finds money and gas and insurance etc. back then. Be sure what you got before you sell - MAKE SURE - that it is trash before
you trash it and try to make sure if its good how good - when I was young I got ripped off a lot and sold stuff for a few bucks that turned out to be worth $500

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BITS AND PIECES - if you hit older spots - especially colonials ones like farm fields - many historical societies' and museums
are more than happy to take the broken bits of shoe buckles and buttons and clay pipe stems and other bits of colonial stuff from you
along with any musket balls and other relics you find no value in - if you donate - they may give you ideas or get you permissions to
other spots - which in it self could be valuable

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Step 1 . Hold onto everything and proudly gloat over all your hard work at locating all the 'treasure'

Step 2 . realise nobody is interested

Step 3 . Throw 99% of it away

Step 4 Go detecting

Chub

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Step 1 . Hold onto everything and proudly gloat over all your hard work at locating all the 'treasure'

Step 2 . realise nobody is interested

Step 3 . Throw 99% of it away

Step 4 Go detecting

Chub
Lol, good one. I hang onto the coins I find and convert clad to silver, keep the silver coins, and any relics i find interesting. Like you, i throw everything else away. I would like to know what kind of cash someone has gotten out of the aluminum they save in a year and other scrap. I have never did it but i am thinking about taking 5 gallon buckets with me from now on.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tumble the clad, keep the silver, sell the gold, save the lead and trash most everything else. I do have a "treasure chest" filled with semi-valuable finds... tokens, buttons, junk rings, silver coins, costume jewelry, etc... but don't keep most keys, hotwheels, headstamps any longer unless rare or unique.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to give away a lot of what I find. In the last few years, I've given some of my 1/2, 1 & 2 Spanish silver Reals away to people that really like the coins. Giving away my found jewelry at nursing homes this year was fun for the recipients. To be honest, I have way to much treasure stuff...it's everywhere! :dontknow: The past few years I have began to place things in cases; coins, relics, buckles...etc. Now for room to display my collection.
send it this way i have room lol

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everything good goes into display cases in my museum room. everything else goes in trash,

Attachments

• 20171110_150418.jpg
    20171110_150418.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread