old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to, some state quarters in rolls are more collectable. Example: Oklahoma rolls that are still intact are worth more.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
The wrappers are nice you might try putting them on craigslist try $15 a roll? Worst case scenario they are still worth what you paid for them

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conley, I don't see a downside if you are getting them at face value ! I haven't checked
ebay to see what the traffic is like on these yet- but I don't see how you can lose at FV.
Argentium.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Save the West Virginia's intact. You can probably get double face for that one once word gets out you have an unopened roll of Boy Scout quarters.

Rascal

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Get them all. In mint wrapped rolls, they all carry a premium based on the current Greysheet. Some carry more of premium over others.

I would get them all. Research the rolls bid price on the Greysheet. Set your auction price slightly lower than the bid and let the market set the price upwards.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't open them, but keep them intact. They are BU solid rolls and command a higher value, try to get the other rolls if you can, providing you can spare the cash outlay.

Nice find anyway.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I called a local coin shop and they said they will give $11 a roll...So i can atleast make like 35 quick bucks... lol

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I 'll buy them from you if you want. Just stick them in the back of the vault for another day...

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
conleytheking said:
I called a local coin shop and they said they will give $11 a roll...So i can atleast make like 35 quick bucks... lol

I absolutely would not sell them to a local coin dealer until you are educated on their value. Some rolls barely carry a premium ($11/roll). Yet, others will easily be worth double. Difficult to negotiate from a position when you don't have the knowledge. Better to go in armed with knowledge and negotiate a trade instead of a flat sale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions