Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey neighbor,
If that White's XLT isn't good enough, then you're probably out of the realm of MD'ing. At least if you will be looking around Chicagoland.

I stay out in the NW 'burbs and beyond mostly, but make it down to the No. Ave Beach a couple times a year. There are a lot of experienced folks down there at sunrise checking the sand. Also look at Oak St. Beach but hurry up the season's almost over. Last time I was there the most common machine seen was a Fisher CZ-20, I was using one myself. But there are a lot of White's users.

Remember, a lot of those farmers fields will drive you crazy with signals due to chemical fertilization and iron content from 150+ years of plow bits and pieces coming off in them.

OP
OP
Goio

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Did I mention the treasure hunting I will be doing is in Mexico. :P

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No, actually you didn't. The Fisher Gemini is a two box machine that Scott Warner used to recover 8 milk cans full of silver coins up in the Milwaukee area two years ago or so. Total take was reported to be in the neighborhood of 1000 lbs of silver coinage, most it relatively recent silver coinage.
In my detecting around this area, I get a lot of requests for equipment from folks who want to take a machine back to Mexico to search the old family farm. I have heard countless stories of posthole caches down that way. Silver and gold. Most of these are stories of recoveries from less than two feet as they were small value (usually less than 500 coins) and buried hurriedly during the revolution. Any such treasure of that size at that depth should not require a two box machine for recovery.
Hey, good luck and let us know how it turns out!

OP
OP
Goio

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Hi Lowbatts!!

you are right about the old family farms, that's exactly where I am going hunting, as I said before I have Whites xlt and now have a TM 808 I am thinking of getting the Whites MXT but I would also like to do some detecting on rivers and lakes, and yes I will be taking my digital cameras. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread