What to get!?

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are you looking to spend? What do you wish to find?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple of things to consider:

1. Your experience level.
2. Where you will be hunting.
3. What you will be searching for.
4. Price range.

Reply back with this information and I am sure you will get a ton of replies and opinions.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you should get a Tesoro Vaquero - $450.00

OP
OP
levijohnsonhunter
Dec 27, 2012
Here is this if it helps!
1. I'm a beginner
2. I will be searching like old houses and fields not sure what else yet
3. I will probably be searching for cool old coins and relics!
4. I don't really know what price range!?ha I have 500 saved up but don't really want to spend it all so have no clue!?

OP
OP
levijohnsonhunter
Dec 27, 2012
An maybe one that could be used on a beach!? I go on vacation to myrtle beach and I thought it would be neat to find some things!!(:

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
250 $ for the garret Ace 250. Not the best but if you r new its a ok beginner detector. does not do a good job telling whats under ground though. Also box is not water proof but coil' is.welcome to TNet:treasurechest:

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are lots of good units in your price range and I'll leave it to others to make recommendations. But if at all possible I'd leave room in the budget for a Garrett ProPointer. I wouldn't leave home without it. For my money it's the most perfect piece of engineering in the detecting biz.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also save money by goin used a higher end machine for a lower price,

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that a used detector could be a good choice. Read around the forums alot and see what models you might be interested in. I recommend a Whites M6 if you want something simple to use yet powerful. It's good on the beach too, but not waterproof. So you have to be careful not to drop it in the water. Waterproof beach machines are much more expensive and not really made for inland hunting. I really agree with the Pro Pointer suggestion too. They are an awesome tool. You may think they are too expensive, but it is the best $127 you will spend on any detecting equipment. Make sure to buy one new from an authorized dealer since they are making counterfeit ones in China. You will also need a good digger. I use the Sunjoe Hori Hori garden trowel. It's another great tool. You can find them on Walmart.com for $19.99.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xterra 505, a propointer and a decent digging tool.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stick with some of the better known brands (Tesoro, Whites, Garrett, Teknetics, Fisher, Minelab, XP) and try and swing an example before you buy.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw an Etrac with probe and extra coil go for $650. Someone got a deal and a half

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw an Etrac with probe and extra coil go for $650. Someone got a deal and a half

Holy beeeeeepppp should of jumped on that if anything at least a flip make a couple bux lol id keep it though $650 Wow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread