All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If you're talking about a 1-room country school house , you may simply not find much of anything written about it, aside from a dot on old topo maps . There were just so many of them that came and went in the old days , often just a dozen or so kids sometimes. They're usually not good for detecting, unless they doubled for other adult usages (church , dance hall, etc... ). But. .... hey .... doesn't hurt to try it :)

Last edited:

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about in TN, but here in IN, I look at old Township maps and it shows where all the old School houses were. Then I overlay the old map on a new one and can match up where they are now. Funny thing is, here in my County, most of them are still standing and are either just empty, or being used for storage by the farmer that currently owns it.

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a inside tip there has been old coins and arrowheads found at this location but not exactlly sure where at. got directions but not pinpointed yet.

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure how big a school it was but do no that theres a long creek and pond near by. plan onsearching the seems to b mile long creek when snakes goes n holes even tho i do have knee high snake boots lol. HATE SNAKES. Also this place is about 3 miles from the famous fort pillow town where theres long history of the civil war was carried out.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
got a inside tip there has been old coins and arrowheads found at this location ............

Not sure how long you've been metal detecting, and I don't mean to be a kill-joy, but .... let me tell you: After you've been at this for long enough, you will have accumulated enough stories of "sure fired treasure" and the like, to fill a book. Lots of people will come up to you when you're detecting, and have sure-fire stories and leads. I wish I had a dime for every lead and story persons tell me :) And each one, of course, is "iron clad" in the view of the person telling it (because afterall, they heard it form a person who heard it from a person who heard it from .. well, you get the pix).

But by all means, give it a try.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Best answer I can give is talk to some older folks and go to some historical society meetings in the local town

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Last edited:
OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow guys u went out of the way to help a newbie out KOOL and im sure good deeds will come yalls way!!!!

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME RESEARCH guys!!!:notworthy: If any of u r this away and i get permission then feel free to join me.we call this place dwn here the bottom land has lots of history dwn here. The Ms river is a stone throw away from this school and lot of indians lived here includeing my dad which was half indian half german yea i kno crazy mix huh lol.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Wish I could but I don't travel anymore. Just post plenty of pictures of what you find and that'll be good enough.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will do. went scouting the area out today and will post pics later after i clean the stuff up. maybe sum old stuff maybe not. havent used MD yet as im trying to find out where to start if i can. theres corn 6 feet tall at the location rite now but finding cool stuff n the ditches close to the site.

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
srry guy but looks like i got spammed lol. Will post pics of all my stuff i found after i clean it up sum. Been MDing pretty hard since the heat spell let up.

OP
OP
TN_INDIAN

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the tip thank u very much

Top Member Reactions