Started out with a Nail Apron.
You can pick one up at most Hardwares.

Most of the time for Free

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have a AWP 2 Pocket Pouch for a few bucks more, but they didn't have them in stock when I bought mine.
I might by that one too... I keep everything on a 2" Poly Web Belt that I got at Lowes also.
And no, my digger (Planter Buddy, also bought at Lowes) has it's own sheath that I got at Lowes with everything else.
The pouch is just for finds, which I separate the good stuff from the trash at the end of the day.

Bran <><

AWP Poly Clip Pouch - $7.98
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p...tId=263982-1492-1L-039-P&lpage=none

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 308

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made mine from a lady's plain, black purse bought at a local Dollar Store for about $6. I came with the short carry straps which I modified by removing one and cutting the other at the mid point. I then folded the ends of the strap back onto the side below it's original mounting point. Then I used brass rivets to attach the ends. That formed belt loops from the original strap and I got a cheap belt to put it on so it can be worn like a carpenter's tool belt.

The purse has 2 outer areas with a center zippered compartment. The purse is an open design with no big flap. Trash goes into the outer big compartment; goodies in the zipper compartment; and my "little friend" goes into the inner compartment that's closest to my body.

My digging tool's sheath goes onto the belt behind the purse. If I carry a canteen, it's carrier will mount onto the belt on the opposite side of my body from the purse. I never load up my detecting belt with a lot of crap. I've seen pictures of folks with all kinds of stuff on their hunting belts that makes me wonder how in the world they can even bend over to probe their targets. Soldiers in a combat zone don't wear as much crap on their harnesses as these "combat detectorists". ;D

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crown Royal bag tied to my belt loop ;D

Attachments

• bag_med.jpg
    bag_med.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 232

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a waitress apron. It has 3 pouches and I use one for junk one for my coins and other cheap keepers and the 3rd for my good finds. Then if someone comes up and talks to me I show them the coins and the junk but keep the real goodies out of site......Matt

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
Shortstack said:
I made mine from a lady's plain, black purse bought at a local Dollar Store for about $6.

Yeah, but does it match you SHOES?

Damned straight it does. I am soooooooooo fashion conscience. :tongue3: The belt matches, too, AND the knife sheath. My "little friend" is blacked also, but it normally can't be seen anyway. :hello2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headphone Bag for the last Few years
hooked on my belt by the draw string

Picture.jpg

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Honestly, The Nylon bags with the tiny holes for trash..The tiny holes because the loose dirt simply falls through the bag so you don't end up with a bag of dirt in a couple hours.. I attach the bag with 2 Medium "carribeaners" On my belt loops.

For my Finds..

One of those...... What Americans call, Nylon (Fanny packs.) In England,saying that could get you arrested. :wink:
The reason for the pack is so you do not have to carry anything in your pockets. You can can store everything in the pack.
Cellphones, wallet, lighter cigs etc... As we all know, kneeling up and down all day with stuff in your pockets can be annoying. And your cellphone ends up with all kinds of dirt in the key pads.

If your interested in making your own shovel...PM me and I'll teach you that one too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread