What was found Sunday 10/12??

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I found a small RR spike out there(never seen one B-4), I figured narrow gauge, The Gal that owned the Place said that the RR went right though there, Burdie said that 2 competing RR went parallel through the territory. HMMMM
You gotta ask him he'll know more than we will.

ashlee1228

Feb 29, 2008
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from what Ive seen this looks like it may be a baggage tag...

ATSF and DRG.RW (Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe and Denver and Rio Grande Western) is the line name that was used by the Santa Fe railway as well as the Rio Grande railway

the number 5089 is the builders number, this number belonged to a Consolidation Locomotive owned by Rio Grande. The engine was named "Bristol Head" and it was #66.

Road: Denver & Rio Grande. Road #: 66
Acquired: New Name: Bristol Head
Builder: Baldwin, # 5098, 1880 Wt: 56000 Tract. Eff.: 12450
Wheel Arr.: 2-8-0 Cylinders: 15x18 Drivers: 36.00
Disposition: Dismantled 6/30/1908
Notes: Pulled first passenger train into Gunnison. Leased to Pueblo Steel Works 2/22/1884, Biggs Lumber Co. 11/17/1892

Caldwell requested several times for ATSF to extend the line through the town but ATSF refused. It was not until 1880 that Caldwell got the branch.

Attachments

• baldwin 1880.jpg
    baldwin 1880.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 355

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Definitely some incredible finds made on Sunday! We had a great time too! Why didn't anyone post the trim for the crow's nest on the viking ship?? lol Congrats again on the ring TC!! That just was an incredible find considering how crowded that area was with detectors the day before! Are you sure it is not a viking wedding ring? :wink:

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
warsawdaddy said:
Where that ring was found looks just like the spot I had a signal and asked Ridgerunner to come over and check it out with his dfx.He did and said it was jumpin' around a bit and he personally would not dig it!Well,who am I to argue with that kind of talent? Of course,I didn't dig it.Thanks RR.

Knowing my luck that Saturday Daddy the spot where you asked if I'd dig it was probably a satchel full of 20 dollar Gold pieces!!!! If that was the spot Daddy i truly apologize!!! Maybe the ridge needs to go back to Metal Detecting school....especially since the Garrett found something! LOL!!!!

rr

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hmmmm.....I seemed to find alot on Monday WHEN I CLEANED THE BACK OF MY TRUCK........I know I didnt dig all those car parts and rusting hunks of metal.......and alot of things in the back seat do not look familiar.......like some t shirts and books and wrapped gifts.....thanks everyone......on the way home the girls said ....shhhh puppy......I about had a heart attack thinking they smuggled that beagle home with us......

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol so that is why we could not find the puppy Sunday....the girls wrapped it and took it home! LOL

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, ha... I still think TC should've taken that little pup back to Texas with him!!

Bran <><

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found breakfast at a great little diner with Ros and RR! :thumbsup: Then a sore butt from the long ride to Hot Springs! :D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well NOW we do know why we didnot see the pup on Sun! Good going girls !

Gypsy I heard some few talking about you needing all the Vicking Finds from the day, I thought you'd found them all before you left ;D

Nana I wish you all could have made it back for Sun. but glad you had a good breakfast with the girs. I hope that Charlie can get rested up this week!

Only 300 and how many days to CTHIII! Can we survive ?

Did someone miss this..

Attachments

• 14x.jpg
    14x.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 329
  • cowboy-riding-horse-on-rock-figurine-37171.gif
    cowboy-riding-horse-on-rock-figurine-37171.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 14x.jpg
    14x.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 327
  • cowboy-riding-horse-on-rock-figurine-37171.gif
    cowboy-riding-horse-on-rock-figurine-37171.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 264

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean they didn't find the box of old silver that TC buried in the same hole with the gold coins? Oh man... someone's gonna have to go back... *me, me, me!!!* :wink:

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know... but whereas she suggested a pond, I offered an Olympic size swimming pool!
Your digging will certainly be needed!! Heh! ;D

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
oh boy....best bring plenty we can cook over the campfire then....that might take awhile! lol Sure was great getting to meet you Bran!! Can't wait til next year to see everyone again!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes! I'd go buy a bunch of groceries right this moment if I could escape my responsibilities for an extended period of time...
It was very nice to finally meet and get to know you too, Cyn! Ya'll are an amazing bunch of people, and I enjoyed every second spent with you guys (and gals!)
Next year will be amazing... and I'm going to do all I can to make sure we're there for it!!!!

Bran <><

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Yeap I tip my hat to TC on the ring. Shows even after an army of Metal Detectors goes through an area there is still stuff to be found. It wasn't very deep either. Might of been from that era of the killing as that was the main road back then and it was only 100 or so feet off the road.

Bran's tag was awesome too but his discovery of the privy and dedication of removing it's stuff was amazing.
I look forward to the china being reattached and seeing it.

Now the discovery of the Viking helmet strap and the Ballista iron ball was a real find, something from centuries ago long lost and now being able to cast my eyes on it, hold them well that's what Metal Detecting is all about.

Then you toss in fantastic people and well you just know that the world does have many many wonderful things in it and enjoy a little heaven on earth,

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I forget that I found a Viking axe to go along with all the Viking stuff.!! I'll post pictures in a few days! You just can't ever tell where those Vikings would show up!

Steve ;D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I cleaned that 1879IH up,and guess what? Turns out it wasn't 1879,it was 1079 with Eric the Red on it instead of an indian! My first Viking centless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread