🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a thread where you tell about some of the dumb stuff you did as a kid. please keep it family friendly i know there is some stuff you can't post on here :laughing7: i'll start
My brother convinced me it would be cool to see who could hit the most cars with rocks= grounded for whole summer
jumping on the trampoline with my cousin shooting a airsoft gun at us= nearly get my eye taking out
to see who could go down the rock road the fastest and do a power slide on bicycle= the hide of my leg being stripped off

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, who remembers honest-to-gawd "Dirt Clod" fights? Kids getting knocked out and cut from rocks in the clods, big bruises and knots on your head! So this one day after school we are having one heck of a fight with the kids from several blocks over. The lot had been bulldozed recently and man we were in dirt clod heaven! I'm throwing at the "commies" and big puffs of "smoke" are exploding all around me as return fire came sailing in. None of us saw the two policemen, until the one in the lead lost his hat to an exploding clod! I wish I could still run that fast! :laughing7:

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
oh yea those we would use pine cones though don't remember how many bloody lips and nose we came in with

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We like to jump off bridges, dont know how we survived. Wickford Rhode Island has this cool lil bridge that was a nice dunking point between home and the beach. We quit doing it after jumping at low tide one day. Mud can hurt if hit fast enough lol.

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
My sister once dared me to outrun the bull, I snuck through the barbed wire & under the electric fence and yelled at him. He came barreling down the pasture so fast I tore myself up on the barbed wire getting back out. He tore down the electric fence and wound up with scratches from the barbed wire. I wound up grounded and sentenced to shoveling out the barn, for 4 months. Dad was so mad, i got several long lectures on how we are responsible for the animals in our care.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Who on the solid ice could get closest to where the sewer entered the frozen lake before breaking through might not have been the brightest thing to be doing.
Especially for the winner.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jumping off three story buildings into the sand pile for the stucco with grand mas umbrella cause we wanted to be like the guys on "Ripcord". Putting a 125cc motorcycle engine on a Taco mini bike frame. Of course we had all the safety gear, t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes. Took about 2.5 seconds to find out that the metal plate rubbing on the wheel doesn't stop you worth beans! Did you know the door handles in Jr. high are almost exactly the right spot to put you into cardiac arrest when swung hard? It's a fact! Down pillows won't stop a BB, even on the fat kid.

The rest of the stupid stuff I did as a kid up to 18? Uhh, how much server space does TNet have? Never mind, it's not enough........

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
how about being tricked in you go first to test a ramp and it snap in half when your on it i felt that one for a while

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of us would climb as far as we could up a young tree, and have our buddy chop through it with an axe, so we could ride the tree down as it fell. A short lived sport.

Building terrifying rope swings across gullies.

The old wallet on a fishing line, laid in the middle of the country road, while we hid in the bushes. When our victim stopped their car, and leaned out to grab it, we would snatch it out of their grasp.

Throwing rocks at paper wasp nests.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Climbing in the attic of a long deserted three story mansion at night to catch pigeons with toe sacks in the rotted rafters

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the stupid things I did as a kid would be considered felonious these days. Other than the normal bb gun fights, jumping ramps and breaking teeth, playing with matches, the rest I can't talk about.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know first hand not to pee on an electric fence
BangHead.gif

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread idea...

But I am afraid I cannot begin to join...

Would not want to hijack the thread :P

Besides IF I did decide to post...

my first problem would be which dumb thing would be first... for I have so many.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great thread idea...

my first problem would be which dumb thing would be first... for I have so many.

C'mon ,fess up!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up next to a funeral home, so the protocol was to be quiet during a service.
I was real quiet when I decided to start a gas cap collection.
I remember like it was yesterday revealing my stash hiding spot to the Police, while the Funeral Director, a crowd of pissed people, and my dad looked on.
Behind a tree, a brown paper bag with at least 50 gas caps, were now being inspected to match up with their owners cars...
My dad drop-kicked my butt so hard, it lifted me off my feet.
Nowadays, he could get in trouble for abuse, but back then, I swear I heard the cop say “do it again”

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great thread idea...

go head i don't care i just needed a laugh and don't do again stuff

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i just did something dumb today i went down the road on the four wheeler way to fast i went around a turn i nearly flipped it i've learned my lesson

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how old are you goldboy?

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
14 almost 15

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My mini-bikes gas tank had a split along one seam. My cousin and I, being boy
-geniuses, fixed it with bondo.
After a little more riding the bondo deteriorated. My cousin said I looked like a fire ball coming down the trail.
Luckily a creek ran next to the trail and I drove into it to extinguish the flames. :blob8:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions