Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
What wins elections today?

In the countdown to election day, these are what matter most to the American people today:

Money is of course imperative but we will assume that as a given, starting with the most important...

1. The Appearance/Deportment/Charisma Factor - nonverbal and verbal factors are tremendously powerful - clever facial expressions with well chosen witty comments rule (how factual those comments are is often irrelevant because all Americans expect lies) - one will have a definite advantage if one is able to communicate a somewhat (moderate) cocky and rebellious look - old and obese are definitely out - people today want a modest revolutionary type (this is achieved via the media's help)

2. The Media Factor - without this a potential candidate has little hope of success because the masses follow the media - the media is like their "Pied Piper" - people love to hate the media but in the end the masses will follow it

3, The Celebrity Factor - the American people view celebrities as the ancient Romans viewed their gods - most presidential candidates since the 20th century have sought out the most famous celebrities they could to back them - get Hollywood on your side and you're almost guaranteed the office

There are many more factors but these are (as I see it) the top 3. Note that we haven't even listed the agenda factor yet. This was not a mistake because today subconsciously most Americans don't trust any politician (not even their favorites). And on top of this, the general voting element (the bulk of voters) haven't a clue about what is really happening anyway. Most people today are just concerned with what's in it for them. Or they at least want someone they think will favor their pet biases. The integrity factor only matters when the major powers (media and those behind the media) give a candidate thumbs down. The integrity factor is like a scapegoat to clear consciences for destroying a good candidate. In reality the majority of Americans (and even the media) couldn't care less if a candidate has some affairs brewing or has participated in some shady deals (they all have anyway). But this card comes in handy sometimes so that's why it's used.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hanging chads

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look at this from a different point

1- Smoking, but not inhaling :tongue3:
2- Sex appeal
3- Great writers for catch phrases "Yes, we can", "It's the right thing to do", “Mr Gorbachev, take down this wall”
4- Great orator = The ability to say nothing and appear bright :laughing7:
5- Ability to take the low road and make people believe you're taking the high road :icon_scratch:
6- If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS :icon_thumleft:

Should I continue, I can go on for days :laughing9:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I look at this from a different point

1- Smoking, but not inhaling :tongue3:
2- Sex appeal
3- Great writers for catch phrases "Yes, we can", "It's the right thing to do", “Mr Gorbachev, take down this wall”
4- Great orator = The ability to say nothing and appear bright :laughing7:
5- Ability to take the low road and make people believe you're taking the high road :icon_scratch:
6- If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS :icon_thumleft:

Should I continue, I can go on for days :laughing9:

Man, I'm going back to school. You hit square on! :headbang:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
sk071812-colo.jpg

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What voters believe rather than what is true. What they believe is what the news papers & TV spout. Witness Sheriff Joe's latest revelation. We are not talking about a small town election here. The 2008 election was fraud. Planned and executed with the collusion of both Parties and all mainstream news.

We have laws to deal with that. It's called the Constitution and clearly states what is legal. If we actually have another election, I hope Sheriff Joe is Attorney General. And send ALL the co-conspirators to jail in his tent prison. And the main culprits indicted under the RICO act. And sent to Guantanamo. With the rest of America's enemies. Yes, him especially. Wait and see what happens next............
BB

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What voters believe rather than what is true. What they believe is what the news papers & TV spout. Witness Sheriff Joe's latest revelation. We are not talking about a small town election here. The 2008 election was fraud. Planned and executed with the collusion of both Parties and all mainstream news.

We have laws to deal with that. It's called the Constitution and clearly states what is legal. If we actually have another election, I hope Sheriff Joe is Attorney General. And send ALL the co-conspirators to jail in his tent prison. And the main culprits indicted under the RICO act. And sent to Guantanamo. With the rest of America's enemies. Yes, him especially. Wait and see what happens next............
BB

look up sheriff C;ark in Milwaukee Wis. same attitude As Joe (Take no Sh it) from the Politicians He's African American and wears a cowboy hat Would vote this guy in a minute All I know is I hope change is coming

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB

look up sheriff Clark in Milwaukee Wis. same attitude As Joe (Take no Sh it) from the Politicians He's African American and wears a cowboy hat Would vote this guy in a minute All I know is I hope change is coming

S

stefen

Can't dazzel them with brillance and footwork, then baffel them with bull schitz...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's the one that presents the most convincing line of BS and it doesn't have long or explaned. It can be as short as CHANGE!

Lady Liberty.jpg

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
It's been over 50 years since we've been dazzled by brilliance up here. I'm afraid it has been considerably longer down your way.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Gord, I would like to say you are wrong, but when I thought about it, I an afraid you are right! hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's another one for you, brought to you by the great mind of Spartacus53 :laughing9:

In the beginning you mention the "Charisma Factor", so let me expound on this :tongue3:

The "Charisma Factor", is actually being larger than life i.e. NJ Gov Chris Christie.. As a matter of fact, he may plan on running for president in 2016, after he bulks up a little more :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions