What would you do? what would you do?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I just cut my lights and head across the cornfield. Sometimes it takes a bit of work, but you can drive over that fence alongside the interstate.

One night pullng into my neighborhood a car was parked near the entrance. He immmediately fell in behind me (about 3:00 am) and followed me to my place, stopping across the end of the driveway. We had a series of rapes, home invasions and robberies at the time so I didn't open the garage door. I jumped out and popped the trunk and grabbed the tire iron and ran toward the car as fast as possible. Closing the distance is always preferable if you think you are trapped and in a fight. His flight instinct served the two guys in the car well.

The police arrived before I finished closing the garage door and asked me if I had attacked someone. I told the officer no, the guys got away too soon. He said it was those guys who called him, he was staying in the neighborhood and they were self-appointed neighborhood watch guys. I told him to get some meaner watch guys.

OP
OP
S

seger98

Lowbatts said:
I just cut my lights and head across the cornfield. Sometimes it takes a bit of work, but you can drive over that fence alongside the interstate.

One night pullng into my neighborhood a car was parked near the entrance. He immmediately fell in behind me (about 3:00 am) and followed me to my place, stopping across the end of the driveway. We had a series of rapes, home invasions and robberies at the time so I didn't open the garage door. I jumped out and popped the trunk and grabbed the tire iron and ran toward the car as fast as possible. Closing the distance is always preferable if you think you are trapped and in a fight. His flight instinct served the two guys in the car well.

The police arrived before I finished closing the garage door and asked me if I had attacked someone. I told the officer no, the guys got away too soon. He said it was those guys who called him, he was staying in the neighborhood and they were self-appointed neighborhood watch guys. I told him to get some meaner watch guys.

I know some people won't find that funny, But I did...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
DigginThePast said:
I'd start by going to the local police department and voicing your concerns. Perhaps they could offer an idea. Other than that if I found myself in that situation I would put on my hazard lights in an attempt to acknowledge them but continue to drive and dial 911, let them figure out if the cop is legit or not. This is a tough one to be in on either side.
dial 911

you'll get a fine for Using your cell phone while driving.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:

HaHa Terrorizing the local Busy-Bodies ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
jeff of pa said:
Lowbatts said:

HaHa Terrorizing the local Busy-Bodies ;D

Busy bodies? Concerned citizens who try to prevent crimes are busy bodies? Good grief man :icon_scratch:

They did not prevent a crime by blocking my driveway, in effect, terrorizing me to the point of attack. Yes, they were busybodies. When I've run the block at night looking to keep it clean I am darn sure aware of who is who and if not there's a far better way than to get in someone's face or in this case, driveway entrance.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
Lowbatts said:

Your neighborhood needs more busy bodies :tard:
Not on my block

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet they'll recognize you & Your Car from now on :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
They learned to stick to their block. Our neighborhood got under control after the public housing units at the edge of it were cleared and repopulated with different people.

We have one of those towns with a few section 8 and other public housing units that would on occasion take overflow from the Chicago public housing units. In the years when they were closing Cabrini, Taylor and Rockwell every once in a while you'd get some of those families out this far.

You could tell at a glance. The cars parked on the street outside those buildings ALL had smashed out windows. The corner convenience store was robbed once every two weeks. Assaults and strong armed robbery incidences went from very little to very high.

Then a couple of the kids there would get killed in a drive-by or other gang shooting. And soon enough some of the neighbors had enough. The people were evicted. Couldn't say how but somebody got some professional movers to go in and clean them out. Sent them packing back to the city.

Most of the inhabitants there now are non-English speakers, quiet for the most part and little threat to anyone else. But those boys in their used police car, as it turned out. Something else I tell you. Kind of shakiest gun in the west sorts. Not bad guys, just poor habits.

Can't recall the last fake cop story we had around here. Don't think anyone (even the bad guys) would want the hassle of not knowing who they're pulling over.

B

BIG61AL

We have this happen about 3 or 4 times a year in the Denver metro area. They are extremely dangerous individuals. The last one got caught here by pulling over a real off duty officer. They deserve to get a real long sentence - 25 years or more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread