Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
There really isn't a good answer to that question without sounding like a smartass.... heheheh! Answer is "whoever pays the most".

Try coin shops, pawn shops, people at work, friends, etc. until she gets the best price. She ought to be able to find one source who will pay spot. Coin shops will probably pay pretty close, but not quite. And a pawn shop, probably a lot less. Depends on how quick she wants the cash. :)

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also check with online dealers and buyers. They dont have the overhead so may be closer to current spot value.
Anyway you go, you will have a hard time getting spot price for minted coin. But you can get close.

What I would do is buy my OWN ticket and put the coin where it belongs - in my collection.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've got a 5 dollar gold piece, and it's going to stay in my possession.

Square Nail

Greenie
Nov 5, 2008
When you buy a troy ounce coin you will pay more than the quoted spot price, and when you sell you will receive less than spot. When gold was $380 I paid $395, when gold got over $800 the first time I sold it, and he actually paid me right at spot for it. If you don't have a dealer handy, check out ebay. Also google "Live Market Quotes." That will give you the spot price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread