What would you do with these garments?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I recently scored a US military issued camo jacket in a very unusual pattern for about $1. It is so unusual that I had never seen one before, even though we have had lots of troops in the area who were rotating through a military camp about 15 miles away. This jacket has a value of $30 to $40.

I also bought an Orvis brand jacket, in like new condition, for $1. One recently sold on ebay for $70ish.

Lastly, I have a Woolrich wool shirt. Dry clean only.

All three items came from a thrift store. This is the same thrift store that a $100 baby carrier came from that we sold on ebay for $22, and the seller was TICKED because they claimed that it reeked of smoke, even though we couldn't smell it.

I am tired of selling second hand clothing stuff to people who have bionic noses. There is too much risk of taking a neg, especially for a $22 item...it simply isn't worth it to me.

I would like to flip the above items for as much as I can get for them.

Should I take less money on the camo jacket at the flea market? Maybe mark it $20, and forget it?

What about the Orvis? Part of me wants to mark the Orvis at $25 at the flea market, and move on.

Should spend the money and have the Orvis and Woolrich shirt dry cleaned? I am guessing that the Orvis will cost $5-$6 for dry cleaning.

Should I toss the Army camo jacket in the washing machine?

What do you do with clothes that you want to sell on ebay??

Last edited:

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
95% of clothes I get are cleaned already. If it is dirty, I'll wash it myself if I can or I wont get it as it is too much hassle to bring to a dry cleaner (of course for a really nice $50+ one I may make an exception).

The camo jacket should wash fine at home.

The flea markets by me don't really do much for clothes. Maybe the military one though.

I'd trust your instinct and try not to worry about someone's super sniffer. If you think it looks fine and smells fine, I'd list it.

There will always be super picky people. I sold a hat to one and after reading his feedback, got pretty worried. Mostly soft positives with some negs and neutrals mixed in. Almost no true positives. He left me "ok has not been used yet" for a new with tags item that he received in 3 days (actually 2 if you don't include the day he purchased at 6pm or so) from his order.

I lucked out compared to others he bought from.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thanks.

We've actually done well with clothes at our flea market. If it is clean, in good condition, is a name brand, and priced reasonably, it will sell. We don't deal in anything other that adult clothes, for the most part. Coats and the like are very good sellers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread