Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Thought I would make a fun post and see what you guys come up with...sure there will a few interesting ideas !!!

Found all these but maybe 1/2 lb this winter hunting saltwater beaches.

I have no idea what to do with them all...

I remember finding my 1st one....the landowner wanted it so I gave it to him...then I was thinking damn I really wanted that !!!!

Now they are just a pain in the azz to dig.

43 lbs !!!

2014-03-31 10.12.13.jpg 2014-03-31 10.13.11.jpg 2014-03-31 10.14.39.jpg 2014-03-31 10.15.24.jpg 2014-03-31 10.16.13.jpg 2014-03-31 10.27.12.jpg 2014-03-31 10.29.07.jpg

Last edited:

Ole # 7

Feb 13, 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! What a cool decorating idea! I'd put them in smaller "artsie" (is that a word?) glass containers and sell them! They look good! Black powder lead bullet art!!! How Americana!!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Thought I would make a fun post and see what you guys come up with...sure there will a few interesting ideas !!!

That's kind of where I've gotten with bullets. They serve as a time indicator for a site, but, (for me),that's about all. Neat but, kind of over them. (especially when I think what they're usually used for :dontknow: ).

Here's an idea, clean 'em all up, paint them red & green and string them as a garland for your Christmas tree. LOL!!!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! What a cool decorating idea! I'd put them in smaller "artsie" (is that a word?) glass containers and sell them! They look good! Black powder lead bullet art!!! How Americana!!!

Tourists would love them...some of the stores would prolly like them to sell.....so yea that is a good idea !! 4 or 5 in a small bottle.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kind of where I've gotten with bullets. They serve as a time indicator for a site, but, (for me),that's about all. Neat but, kind of over them. (especially when I think what they're usually used for :dontknow: ).

Here's an idea, clean 'em all up, paint them red & green and string them as a garland for your Christmas tree. LOL!!!!

YEA ...that is about all they mean to me now...a indicator of history and time.

HAHA......That would have to be some sturdy branches to hold up a string of them suckers !!!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd buy a musket and fire a warning shot at Romeo every time he went to dig a hole.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tourists would love them...some of the stores would prolly like them to sell.....so yea that is a good idea !! 4 or 5 in a small bottle.

Selling them in stores? I thought those musket balls were pretty harmless, but would still be plenty powerful enough to kill your detecting. How ironic would it be to be shut down not for some great historical finds, but the things you get sick of digging. Lots of people do sell what they find, and I used to too quite a few years ago, (the common stuff) but just know there's some risk... especially to do it in the area you live. There's really not enough money in it to be worth it, unless you start digging some pretty awesome stuff and selling it all.... and even then you might make a few grand a year. Stick to fishing and buy a chest to keep all your lead balls! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Found all these but maybe 1/2 lb this winter hunting saltwater beaches.

I have no idea what to do with them all...

I remember finding my 1st one....the landowner wanted it so I gave it to him...then I was thinking damn I really wanted that !!!!

Now they are just a pain in the azz to dig.

43 lbs !!!

View attachment 969973 View attachment 969974 View attachment 969975 View attachment 969976 View attachment 969978 View attachment 969979 View attachment 969980

If it was me and if I had that many, I would melt'em down and mold them up. Would save me money.
Danscustoms-37059-IMG_1431.JPG

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about in the same boat with all of the non-wheat pennies I've kept over the years. I'm up to 21 quart mason jars, all full to the top.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling them in stores? I thought those musket balls were pretty harmless, but would still be plenty powerful enough to kill your detecting. How ironic would it be to be shut down not for some great historical finds, but the things you get s
of digging. Lots of people do sell what they find, and I used to too quite a few years ago, (the common stuff) but just know there's some risk... especially to do it in the area you live. There's really not enough money in it to be worth it, unless you start digging some pretty awesome stuff and selling it all.... and even then you might make a few grand a year. Stick to fishing and buy a chest to keep all your lead balls! :thumbsup:
Very good advice. .........Not interested in selling. ..Just lookin like for original ideas to do something neat with them.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about in the same boat with all of the non-wheat pennies I've kept over the years. I'm up to 21 quart mason jars, all full to the top.

WOW......That is a lot of holes !!!!

21 quarts !!!...I feel better about my musket ball finds now !!

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swimming ankle weights for ex-wives. :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thought they were gall stones, too bad they are not Civ

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad you live so far away. I do woodworking as a hobby/stress reliever. I can picture a wooden coffee table with a 1" tall rim around the outside. The bullets laid flat all around on the inside. Then filling it up with resin. Probably weigh 200lbs but a nice conversation piece....LOL

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you live so far away. I do woodworking as a hobby/stress reliever. I can picture a wooden coffee table with a 1" tall rim around the outside. The bullets laid flat all around on the inside. Then filling it up with resin. Probably weigh 200lbs but a nice conversation piece....LOL

Yes indeed..would make a great conversation piece !!! Good idea. Be a heavy piece for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread