WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??????

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My niece came into the house with this rock and ask me what i was . she said it was shinnng in the sun. i told her it was just gold :tongue3: . I said where did you find it she said in your drive way . My drive way is 40x 40( plenty of room to park)
All the gravel is about the size of dime and their is thousand that size. The funny part is i just bought a dredge to hit the creeks and never used it yet any suggestions?
The next week i was out feeding the horse and looked down and laying on top of the ground was a mini ball wow talk about luck. i do have a metal detector about 20 yr. old a x-80. i have found mini , butt plates, & arrow heads in my yard before without a metal detector but never gold. oh yea i do live next to resaca battle field

!!!!CA05NRCE.jpg
!!!!!CAFTCOM3.jpg
!!!!!!!!CALJHE8N.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!CAK6S8DL.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im sorry about the poor pictures i dont know how to post pic ???

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Interesting finds, I would hunt there some more
Let me help you with those photos.

005.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

002.JPG

I use photoshop to edit my pictures now, but before I had that
I used paint, which comes with most computers.
Find your image on your computer and right click it.
Select edit and this should open Paint.
In the menu toolbar at the top select Image.
In the menu scrolldown select Stretch/Skew.
Under Stretch change the values of horizontal and vertical. Try 40%
WARNING These values must match or the image will be distorted.
The nice thing about paint is it will show the image at actual pixels,
not fit it to your screen. So how you see it on your screen is how it will look on TreasureNet.
It it is too big for your monitor, then you need to make it smaller.
Now save the file as a new image, DO NOT save over the old image.
Right click the new image once it is saved and select properties. make sure the image is under 512K.
If it is not you need to make it smaller.
If you are still have problems with an image after that, email it to me and I will re-size it.
HH,
Donny

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU DONNY ;D

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very true about the enfield my bad it just most people refur to them in general as mini. at one time i had the largest collection of civil war bullets in north ga but that was 25 years ago also had them insured i would only let a few of my friends see them. so after time i though id sell them off for more people could see them and enjoys them. i did go out and found more gold in my yard i was on my hands and knees picking up a nails i saw in the drive way this one has more gold in it is about the size of a nail head. when my back stops hurting im going back out there and look again . if i find more ill wait and post a picture of all thank you people for repling to this artical its just interesting and hard really for me to believe what going on here ps im not in the regular gold belt in ga

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bullet, gold, and arrow heads in your yard..... Got a room for rent? :icon_jokercolor: Oh and by the way dont worry about that old metal detector because your soon to be new roomate has a nice new Teknetics T2.

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol thanks mike this is true i have found some more gold in these rock that ill post a picture later i sent a picture to don maybe he can help me . . but ill tell you something funny today i was out t here on my hands and knees with my back brace( just had rods put in my back) on i was bobbing my head up and down trying to look for the glitter on the rocks from the sun when some next door neibours drove by. the closes i have is 1/4 mile away pretty remote.. they stop and ask what in the $%^&^%@ is wrong with me that i looked like a 4 legged turkey that was looking for food . :D. after they stop laughing they helped me up i told them i was just picking up nails in the drive way :tongue3:

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is an Enfield but they are all refered to as mini' balls. It's not the outside design that the good Doctor came up with but the "hollowed out" bottom that would swell when the powder ignited and engage the rifleing in the bbl. to make it more accurate...d2

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here another picture i just hope it better than the others.later im going to crush one & pan it out to see what it looks like

Attachments

• GOLD IN ROCKS 1.jpg
    GOLD IN ROCKS 1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2,972

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your still finding stuff. Keep us posted on them finds. Oh and watch out for those neihbors, you can only tell them your picking up nails so many times. ;D

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have another question for some of you does diamond & gold usally found togther? i found a piece that has gold & it looks like a diamond its shineyer than gold . but it looks like sometimes a clear look then turn it another was has a blue tint then pink tint. i have try but cant get a good picture but look at some of the color it give off from the sun shinning on it.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 2,762
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 2,771
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,785

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont want to rain on your parade but I am thinking you are finding pyrite,or fools gold.It is hard to tell for sure from your pictures but it doesnt look like gold to me.As you said you need to crush and pan it,then you will know for sure :wink:

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i though about that very possible that some might be . its hard to crush some with a hammer im trying it now some of those pictures i took in side the house to try to take a good picture. some of the rock im finding is very heavy for the size

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,723

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not aware of gold being associated with that host rock

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks kuger . does the pyrite float ? or is it just a light material? some of the peices are mixed with quarts i havent post any of those picture cause as you can see picture are no my bag of tea . also ive check them with my metal dectector they give me a faint sound. i do need to crush some i already tryed it on one peice but it was hard as a rock :tard: their is an active stamp mill here in ga. about a 1 1/2 hr drive from here so i might go for a little ride

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyrite shouldnt float,it is iron,it is heavy just not as heavy as gold.Faint signal....huh?Might be?Is any of the rock magnetic?

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
you might think about getting a more modern detector and doing some serious detecting right on your own property good luck. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes camper i agree but could you speek louder for the old lady could here it ;D i use to hunt almost everyday when i was able im thinking about getting a white DFX i have own several white years ago & i know from past experiance they will hold their own compairing to any detector. if you have every hear of anybody trying to tune their metal detecor over a breast plate well that was me. it was the first thing i ever dug up :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions