What would you do?.....

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, I'd probably just blow it on women and booze like the rest of my money. :wink:

Damn straight I would!!!!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Circumstances depending...I'd hand it in. :angel7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
is the "box" marked with the owners name in anyway? --is its owner "known" or able to be figgered out easily ? --if so by law -- has to go in --darn it

but if not * if its just "lost" needing a new owner well todays that moneys "lucky day" --report it for what ?-- so uncle scam can claim a big chunk as "found money" income taxe wize ? -- nope --i do not claim cruddy zinc cents found while detecting as "income" either -- gas cost more than finds-- so its a net loss game .--- i figger that $1000 will just about meet the break even point of my detectinmg hobby "hole" -- only if your hobby makes a profiet do you have to declare it --same as gambling -- if you lose ,tough cookies ( you can not write off losses unless your a "professional gambler"--but if you get lucky and win say %600 bucks or more --- you gotta pay taxes on your winnings ----- gimme 20% which they take "right away" at dog and horse tracks -- if you win $600 or over

and the only way to get your withheld 20% of your "winnings" back is to show losses on your income tax sheet --with proff of loss --like say $600 worth of loser tickets so that you only broke even

i think this way --- the "grubbermint" is like a "moochy leech buddy"--( a fellow thats really no ones freind) at the track -- he "free rides" rides with you to the track (giving you no gas money) -- he will not buy your way into the track or even chip in on it --- he doesn't give you any useful advice on which dogs or horses to pick at all - he does not chip in to buy the tickets either -- however when you win ---he yells "WE WON" -- now gimme a cut

WE WON -- what WE are you talking about? :icon_scratch: :help:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
When you say poor box, I take it you mean a collection device like at a church? Or a Salvation Army thing?

Any thing you can ID as going to the Salvation Army or some other legit charity I'd give back to them. But a church-connected find I take and give to the hookers on Duval Street. Church's steal way too much for "administration". Sal Army does too, but at least it ain't as big a den of thieves.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OT - got news for you - the Salvation Army IS a church! Just ask them.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I guess for the most part we're all in agreement to a degree and would turn it in. The rest are split between spending it frivolously with one exception.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on, Spartacus, tell the truth. Did you find some church's poor box?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
ThTx said:
OT - got news for you - the Salvation Army IS a church! Just ask them.

Are they really? I didn't know this. You're depressing me.

Sorry - but it is the truth. Hence the name "Salvation" Army

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
ThTx: You are going to laugh. I never made that connection. I always assumed it meant they were salvaging unused goods to give to the poor. Salvation of the person or soul never entered my head in all my life of seeing the bells and red outfits.

Good thing is, I've never been preached to by one of the bell ringers or officers of the "Army". At least this is a good start if you are going to have a religion.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help you there Tee... All posts are subject to change, it makes reading them more interesting :laughing7:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Thanks, I guess for the most part we're all in agreement to a degree and would turn it in. The rest are split between spending it frivolously with one exception.

>:D :evil6: :evil7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread