what would you grade this 1913 half dollar?

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
what would you grade this 1913S half dollar?

I am just getting into grading i would grade this coin F 12 am I right or should it be more or less?

i7Cp4EJ3R9EWM.JPG

iGVcszEsy1c1n.JPG

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you're pretty close. Its nearly impossible to grade from a pic, and I am certainly no grading guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd put it at vg10.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Arkie. I'd like to see more of the Liberty for F12.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Arkie. I'd like to see more of the Liberty for F12.

That would be the norm for Barbers. 1913 is a Key Date along with 14 and 15 if I am not mistaken.
Did you find it CRH?

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enlarged the photo and could only see the L in Liberty. There may be a hint of the I also, but I could see no trace of the Y. These are typically the 3 letters that are at least partially visible for VG coins. While all other aspects of the coin are super nice for the grade, without better photos, based on what I see it is a super nice G

OP
OP
M

MoneyBags

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I enlarged the photo and could only see the L in Liberty. There may be a hint of the I also, but I could see no trace of the Y. These are typically the 3 letters that are at least partially visible for VG coins. While all other aspects of the coin are super nice for the grade, without better photos, based on what I see it is a super nice G

I dont see the liberty at all where is it located?

wolfmann

Dec 30, 2006
You need 3 letters in liberty to grade a vg that coin would grade a g-6 or g-8. Full liberty for a fine-12 or 15

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I dont see the liberty at all where is it located?

Look up a picture of a Mint State Barber half dollar... Then you will see where it is located. I used to be convinced that the barber dimes didnt have Liberty on them, until I got one that is MS... It rubs off pretty quick.

Although I am not anything other than a total newbie to this amazing hobby. (coins). I would say it is G8 at best. I used one of the grading books I have, and compared pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread