Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Navy Davy and I went beaching early this morning with limited success . Still a nice drive and conversation. As ND was dropping me off home I informed him I was going swishing at a certain lake which I try big time to avoid during regular hours as it is in a tough neighborhood.....Navy Davy knows which one I'm talking about.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

Get to the fresh water beach and is not really that busy in the water with the life guards off duty. A young fellow about 13 asks me what I'm doing and a few other of the normal questions one gets asked. I politely informed him that it was a metal detector and I was looking for metal. Okay so far. So I start a lateral grid of the water with this young fellow following me soon to be joined by his brother. Okay so far. The brother has a raft with a paddle and stats following closely behind me.

"I have a metal pole under the water so stay back a little please"

No response other then to turn his raft over and swim beneath it. Okay to this point. I try moving away but am stalked....yes by a pair of teenagers when I feel a jab in my back....I look back with the paddle just behind me and say nothing moving away trying to detach myself from the duo. Accident no harm no foul as I reverse my course going towards an older couple with the mother having an infant in her arms.
Hear her call the name Jeff and one of the teenagers pops out from under the raft. By now I'm in front of this lady holding the child when I receive another jab behind my left knee (artificial one) that almost capsizes me.

I turn to the teenager and tell him if it happens again I'll put a hole in his raft...forcefully this was said and the mother just laughed.

At this point I turned to the lady holding the black infant (she was white as was her husband/boyfriend) and asked her politely to tell her two teenagers (black) not to touch me. Again she just looked at me like I had three heads. Basically I am non confrontational and just back off and leave to return another day but the last jab had hurt me and I took my headphones off and said to the "parents,"

"I'm ashamed that my tax dollars are paying for a women like you to bred disrespectfully ignorant children like that. You should be neutered" I said as I looked her and her "boyfriend/husband in the eye! So much for being non judgmental or bias! The husband looked away as did the woman holding the child. I slowly made my way to the shore and left.

On a brighter note I went to gas up Nogo and get the $20 that ND and I had won on the last Lotto Max only to find that we had won $40. Thinking we have a few more chances as this is our 3rd win in a row on the one only time we had gone splits on tickets.

SO AGAIN I ASK WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

Once home put some rub on the back of the leg and took a pain pill.......works.

Take for the day was $6.05, a zipper (think I should have used that earlier on my lips) a junker, dolphin dewy, and a spoon that one would most likely use to "cook" something!
6tlbvm.jpg

Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a nice hunt! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In Mississippi, it's time for a "Drive by slapping." We don't put up with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would have packed up my stuff and left , then go hunt someplace else . when i M D, i don't like to be stressed

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have told the kids i was a police officer looking for evidence of a crime. I would have let them know right away that they needed to stay at least 20 feet from me or risk being charged with interfering with an investigation. It works!

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have taken that paddle from him and whooped his backside. Not really, but that is how things were when I was that punk ass kids age. I think what you said to the mother was 100% right. Based on the way they didn't take responsibility for their kids you handled it pretty good.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have just left and returned a different day. You never know how crazy and dangerous some people can be. Escalation of this incident might reach the point of no return. Not worth it in my book.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of weeks ago, I was detecting at a local swimming hole where there were four 13 to 16 year old boys. The youngest decided that he was going to help me. He was polite but getting in the way and diving under the water while I was scooping to try to see what I had found. His older brother called him away a couple of times but he kept coming back. Again, he was nice but getting annoying. His older brother came over to get him and was apologizing. He told me to "go ahead and hit him with the scoop" if I wanted. I told the older brother that my detector had a "STUN" setting to protect against sharks while detecting and asked if it was OK to use it on the kid? He grinned and said it was OK with him. The annoying one immediately left the water and went back to camp.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the police. Assault is assault. You can bet they would have called the cops on you if you "bumped" them with an oar. Time to turn the tables on some people.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear of your encounter with a family of low lifes. Way too many around. Maybe, get on dry land and call the cops. If he left a mark, that would be assault. Being by yourself, you probably did the wisest thing. Live to detect another day.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have told them that if it happens again I'm calling police and filing assault charges.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say that you handled it perfectly, if you did any more it might have escalated to something bigger, you can always just come back another time. Nice finds too! I wish they made one and two dollar coins in the US.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have one dollar coins, but, nobody uses them because we still have the paper ones.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, you DID ask

At this point I turned to the lady holding the black infant (she was white as was her husband/boyfriend) and asked her politely to tell her two teenagers (black) not to touch me. Again she just looked at me like I had three heads. Basically I am non confrontational and just back off and leave to return another day but the last jab had hurt me and I took my headphones off and said to the "parents,"

"I'm ashamed that my tax dollars are paying for a women like you to bred disrespectfully ignorant children like that. You should be neutered" I said as I looked her and her "boyfriend/husband in the eye! So much for being non judgmental or bias! The husband looked away as did the woman holding the child. I slowly made my way to the shore and left.

several things here I detest about you
what does anyones skin color have to do with it?
why do you assume the government is paying her to "breed"?
if her man is white and she is, maybe they have adopted?
I would have moved farther away..

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are always gonna be people like that. We don't come across them too often so its hard to say what we would do or how to react .That was disrespectful you spoke your mind . I would just try to forget it and don't let those kinda people rent space in your head Keep your good spirits and be glad your not like that /sorry you had to deal with that.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to honestly ask yourself, would you have handled the situation differently if the kids were white? Why did you have to mention that the baby was black? My guess is you would not have made a statement about tax dollars and “ breading” if they were white. The remark about neutering unnecessary. “ when others go low, we should go high”. I am glad you are safe and you found some cool stuff! The spoon could just be for digging not cooking. You should probably find a different place to hunt

Last edited:

sheep.dog

May 30, 2017
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to honestly ask yourself, would you have handled the situation differently if the kids were white? Why did you have to mention that the baby was black? My guess is you would not have made a statement about tax dollars and “ breeding” if they were white

what does anyones skin color have to do with it?
why do you assume the government is paying her to "breed"?

Thanks for calling that out. I was pretty angry to be reading that nonsense in a forum that I hope to be a safe place for all and probably would have got myself in trouble if you 2 hadn't spoken up.:goldtrophy:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black, white, red, yellow, brown, doesn't matter these days. People generally have no respect for their fellow humans. As I sit in a hotel in Melbourne listening to the 3 amigos hanging out on the steps at 11:30 at night making noise as if they are the only ones that matter. If someone has never been taught proper manners then you can't expect them to act like a civilized human being. Instead they act like the savage animals they are proud to be. In this particular case, the parents (or whatever) were amused by the degenerative actions of the little punks for whom they were in charge of. This tells me that they are a couple of lowlife scum that should be beaten into submission. Regardless of their race or the race of the future felons they had with them. If you disrespect me you will be dealt with accordingly.

Now excuse me I have to call the cops on these immigrants disturbing my peace. Maybe I'll call ICE while I'm at it.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for calling that out. I was pretty angry to be reading that nonsense in a forum that I hope to be a safe place for all and probably would have got myself in trouble if you 2 hadn't spoken up.:goldtrophy:
The fact that the kids were black and the parent figures were white shows that at least one of them was not the biological parent, and possibly neither were. Which leads to the point that if your going to take on the responsibility of raising a child that is not yours, then take on the responsibility of doing it right and not being a p.o.s parent. No one said that the kids were misbehaving because they were black. There was nothing racist about the post, but just because it was pointed out that they were black, all the snowflakes had to get offended over nothing. That is the kind of attitude that keeps racism alive. Go back to black lives matter and make something out of nothing with the rest of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread