What would you think?

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!
If you bought a brand new detector from what is known as a reputable dealer and...

1. A few of the parts the instructions say to install are already installed and there are duplicates of those parts in the package and...

2. The detector instructions say to not store the battery pack in the MD and...

3. There is a battery pack in the MD with dead throw away batteries and...

4. The battery pack is missing a piece of foam rubber at the connecting point and...

5. There is another battery pack in a closed sealed box with a charger and rechargable batteries and...

The MD does not work!

What would you think?

Would you think that the dealer sold you a detector that was returned and defective?

Then they claim that they NEVER resell used and or defective detectors!

Then when you want a refund they will not refund the shipping charges!

This is what happened to me!

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Steviecop

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Haddon Heights NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exploer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you they should be more than willing to correct the problem! Even if they didn't know what was in the box. I'd contact the maker of the detector and let them know how the dealer represents their product!!!

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have a return policy. They are giving my money back without the shipping charges.

What do you think about what they sent to me?

Do you think it is a MD that has already been returned to them at least once?

The factory surely did not put a battery pack with dead throw away batteries in the body while instructing to not store the batteries in the detector. There was a new battery pack, rechargable batteries & charger in a sealed box.

There were sealed bags with pieces to install that were already installed.

I think they repacked a returned defective detector and sold it to me as a new detector and they want me to pay for the shipping.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds rotten. You need to not be timid about "outing" them and let everyone know who they are.

Good service? Let people know.
Bad service? Let people know.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious as to which dealer it was too. I'd prolly pinch a loaf in a Ziplock bag and mail that back to them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you were sold a used detector... And like digget said you should let every one know what dealer did this to you........... We don't need dealers like that......... you know when you start a post like this and leave information out..... it does upset a lot of us...... either all the info in the post....or post none of it......

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do want to let this play out and give them the opportunity to do the right thing. I they do me wrong I'll post which dealer it is.

They are giving a refund minus the shipping to me. I should not have to pay for their error or intentional selling of an obviously repackaged detector as new.

I'm not waiting two weeks to get another. I'm driving a little over an hour each way tomorrow to buy a different detector from the closest MD dealer.

Last edited:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no way you should be even one cent out of pocket. You would think that they would have returned all your money immediately in the hope you would keep quite. I would give them a last chance to make things right but even if they do should you stay silent ? Could be they are doing similar regularly and people deserve to know.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar thing happen with a large online seller. As I was unpacking it I found a deep gouge in the coil ans signs the detector had been assembled before. I was told that once you open the box, the detector has been used and they wanted to charge me their restocking fee. I packed it up, sent it back and told them I'd fight the charges through the credit card company. After a couple of phone calls they backed down but I still had to pay shipping both ways. Cruddy as it is that's probably the best you can get from them. A lesson learned where not to shop the next time.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no way you should be even one cent out of pocket. You would think that they would have returned all your money immediately in the hope you would keep quite. I would give them a last chance to make things right but even if they do should you stay silent ? Could be they are doing similar regularly and people deserve to know.
I am with UK here...... If you keep silent on who it was.... They will keep on doing it and then one of us might be there next victim............

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah... sounds fishy to me. Doesnt sound like a factory fresh model sealed in an unopened box situation. The shipping fees should not be withheld in this instance.... the equipment is faulty.... not a matter of "I didnt like it so I returned it".

If they dont give you full satisfaction.... please let us know. Most of us only want to deal with the best in the business.... and shun the rest.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
A had a bum deal from a REPUTABLE dealer. I got a package that was not factory sealed and the tecter did not work correctly. When I ordered, I told the dealer that I wanted an unopened factory sealed unit and he assured me that it would be factory shipped (I guess he must have been out of stock at the time). But this did not happen, I got an opened unit that was not working. The dealer was very helpful and expedited the replacement thru the factory. In the end, the factory sent me a new sealed unit and all is good. Having been through this I must say it is too difficult to name names. Who knows? It probably was an honest mistake, maybe the dealer got his notes confused or some bizarre thing, maybe an order was shipped out wrong by an employee, this stuff happens. Most dealers offer used goods, and certainly, all mainstream dealers seen on the forums must be regarded as honest. Just to keep everyone honest, I recommend to all buyers, insist on a factory sealed box up front when placing the order. If the dealer does not agree, don't buy. If you order other small accessories, insist that these be shipped separately, not inside the tectr box. A good dealer will ship small packages free if you buy a tecter. All invoices should be properly attached to the outside of the package, not inside the tecter box. Check the package very carefully when received, make sure it has not been opened by anybody but you.

inv.jpg

Last edited:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMFAO!! (cracking up) sounds like my kind of luck Gleany poo

Jay of MS

Apr 13, 2012
The Deep South :)
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garret gtax 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God for forums. If a dealer gets a couple of bad reviews on a forum they could loose hundreds of sales. Word of mouth is very powerfull. :laughing7:

Regardless if they did you right or wrong you should still tell us their name. You wouldn't want us to go through what you are going through with them right?. Like Gypsy said, all or nothing. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I have received a refund in full including shipping from the dealer.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time, post all the the details or don't post at all. It is not difficult to understand is it?

Jay of MS

Apr 13, 2012
The Deep South :)
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garret gtax 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time, post all the the details or don't post at all. It is not difficult to understand is it?

I agree. Why come here ranting and then when the problem is resolved you leave us all hanging? There should have never been a problem like the one you described. Recieving a used detector that doesn't even WORK and then they try to buck you! I would like to know what company did this.

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd love to know what makes you think that you can tell me what to do. Understand?

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Why come here ranting and then when the problem is resolved you leave us all hanging? There should have never been a problem like the one you described. Recieving a used detector that doesn't even WORK and then they try to buck you! I would like to know what company did this.

They were more than accomodating and mistakes do happen. They did what a reputable company would do so their is no need for me to disclose the company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions