Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just save mine and have never thought about doing anything with them... I just think they're cool to see every once in a while

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
My gallon milk jug is almost half full, I guestimate I have about 2000 of them. I book mint marks and EF pieces, which are hard to find around here, acid rain makes them spongy and red, it obliterates half of them. The Indians fair a bit better, I guess the alloy is different.

BottleCapBandit

Nov 18, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Ace350 Outlaw Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save mine and look at them once every so often. My girlfriend on the other hand just cashed all hers in on accident. 64oz drink cup and a few drinking glasses full :BangHead: we found about 20 left in odd places around her house. The girl at the local gas station told me she is finding them all over in the change now for some reason......

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch: I really haven’t thought about what to do with the ones thatI have. :dontknow: I'll just hold on to them because something may pop up one day. Youjust never know about people’s needs :tongue3: or wants 8-) these days.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have saved all of mine.(I wish I could say the same for the silver coins) In the past 15 or so years,I have dug over 1300(My 7 yr old counted!) not including the 3 whitman albums. When I lived in Philly, I used to dig about 7 to 12 wheaties for every silver coin I found. I'm lucky if I find 20 a year,now I live in FL.(But I'll take finding gold rings over wheaties) The big old jar of wheaties makes a cool display in my relic cabinet.

Really? Where in Philly, and where do you live now?

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check them for important dates and unless you're finding "tons" of them, just keep them.....good luck and good hunting

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what i am really doing is try to complete two sets regardless of mint marks for my kids to have latter on down the road

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually save all of mine regardless of monetary value. I put all my pre 1940's in cardboard holders with coin type-year-date found- location. I do this with all my keeper coins: I have done this with my first old coin find in 1992 up until now.
Just curious what do y'all do with your wheat's at the end of the year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread