Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I think most everyone who has ever done much treasure hunting knows the name "Roy Rouch." He has been called "The patriarch of Treasure hunting."

I haven't read much about Roy in years. Always wanted to meet him but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

How is Roy doing these days? I wonder what he thinks about THE TREASURE OF THE CAHUENGA PASS? Is it still there to be found?

I've always thought they should have used a good bloodhound trained to sniff old rotting bags like those the treasure was buried in originally. After all, the only part of the treasure that has ever been found, was found by a dog. It's a long shot but there may still be an ultra weak detectable scent.

Anybody out there heard tell of Roy lately??

Larry KS

Mar 20, 2003
Roy is still around. He just wrote a book about the KGC. I got a copy and it's a good read.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Larry KS said:
Roy is? still around.? He just wrote a book about the KGC.? I got a copy and it's a good read.

Thanks, I saw Roy in that Treasure film they made back in the 80's. While I do read I?m more of a film person when it comes to my hobby. My job keeps me so busy and is so intellectually demanding that when I get some rare leisure time to relax I want to watch a video.

I wonder why in the world the documentary filmmakers don?t use guys like Roy more?? ?Roy has the knowledge and charisma to make hunting pull tabs exciting.

Where the heck are the treasure film makers?

[email protected]

Feb 8, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I saw Roy the other day. And He's doing fine. He has written a couple of books KGC one of 'em. He's a phd in archeology. Still Treasure Hunting if time allows, He's well and we're friends.

tracker/Julio A.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Hi all, I went to a gunshow in Glendale Ca Saturday and lo and behold guess who was there autographing his KGC book. Roy. I am new to metal detecting and wasnt aware of who he was until I read this thread late last week and then to meet him Saturday was really nice. We spoke for a few minutes and I went on my way. Seems to be a nice guy. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread