Whats $40 ?

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
What's $40 ?

Had a skunk to bury at my local Wells Fargo.
Took it in, gave it to the teller, who looked like he had never run a coin counter before.

When he was done with the coin, he called me up to the window to inform me that my total was $460.
I am slow, so I accepted the money, walked to my car to think of a plan.
When I got that done, I walked back inside, waited for a turn at this particular teller's window, and said:

"I've got a problem, because the coin that I brought in earlier were from a $500 box. That leaves me about $40 short. So,

--please re-check the tally and/or
--let me buy the bags back" (which they normally do).

He said they have to wait until later to re-run the coin to check to see if it balances out.
And he said that even if they couldn't catch the diff they would let me buy the bags.
Good.

So when I got home, there was a message that they had found my $40 and it was my teller's fault.

By phone I requested them to credit my account, which they did.

Folks, Wells Fargo is a GREAT bank.

Keep on Rollin' !

Upvote 0

byzanthia

Oct 8, 2011
north Dallas
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: What's $40 ?

They had the nerve to want to charge me when I wanted to buy two rolls of dimes. Good thing it's my dump bank.

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice to see there are still good people out there.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina

I dealt with a few Wachovias on my vacation trip (they are due to change their name to Wells Fargo soon) and I had only GREAT experiences picking up rolls of coins from all the branches we stopped at. They were the nicest people and I personally think one teller woulod have waxed my truck if I had asked her.

Maybe this is just because they are changing soon and they want the persona that they are a wonderful bank. Don't know but I do know they were wonderful to me.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like WF they are all great, one of my main pickup banks wanted to start charging 7.50 a box for ANY box of coins, even pennies....they now get 2-4k per week in dumps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread