Whats a good beach detector with a custom program feature.

LARRYSP

Apr 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a good beach detector with a custom program feature.

Iā€™m looking for a beach detector with a custom program feature. I want to search in All Metal Mode by tweaking the audio tones to help pick out the good stuff without masking it with the trash. Iā€™m sure it would sound like R2-D2 at times but with practice, it may pay off. An ID screen to cross reference and to see it with sunglasses on is a plus.
Older machines are okay and Iā€™m not brand sensitive. Iā€™ve been using a Sand Shark and a 1280x, itā€™s time to ā€œup my gameā€. Iā€™m thinking maybe a Whites Spectrum XLT or DFX? Since I have champagne taste on a beer budget, the CTX 3030 is out. The Sand Shark is great in the water, just need something for the dry sand.
Whatā€™s the reality of my thinking? ā€˜I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Larry

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro for dry sand.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT Pro has a rainbow effect on the screen that is obvious when wearing sunglasses!
Maybe an E-Trak or an SE Pro!
Best of luck!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Etrac, SE Pro, and Safari work great on wet and dry sand. The Sovereign GT & Elite are better choices IMO. No screen, no programs to worry with, but are one of the best beach machines ever made and have better balance than the first 3 machines with S shaped handle design and can be chest mounted for shallow water hunting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread