Whats a Good Price on Commemorative Half Dollars..Anyone Selling them?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I know that sounds Generic.

But Im looking to build a Collection of Commemorative Half Dollars.

And Obviously like anything, some are worth a pretty penny, and some are just a little over Melt.

I was looking at a 1946 Booker T Washington Half Dollar. There is one that is worn for 28.88 and one in good shape for 50 bucks.

I just dont know if that is super high or about middle of the road pricing.

The Only Reason Im asking this is because I was about to pull the trigger on a 1893 Expo Half Dollar, when the next day i see someone posting them for 10 bucks less than what i was about to pay.

Anyway..Anyhelp would be great.

Also, If there are any Charter Members will to sell a few, let me know

thanks!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some duplicates, I will pm you with what I have tonight or tomorrow.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get a copy of the greysheets (CDN) for the list of prices. They can go anywhere from $16 in XF to $27,000 in MS66 depending on the coin/set. For example, the 1893 Columbian Expo is listed at the following prices in my 6 month old copy of the greysheets:

XF = $18, AU = $18.75, MS-60 = $24, MS-63 = $68, MS-64 = $110, MS-65 = $385, MS-66 $925

Note that these are "wholesale ask" prices which is the price that a wholesaler wants to sell them sight unseen. You can get a free "sample" copy of the CDN which will have all of the prices you need for each commemorative.

The Booker T is often sold in the P,D,S set which has all of the mint marks. What I can say is that the 3 coin 1946 set goes for $54 in XF and $82 in MS-64. An individual Booker T "type coin" would go for XF = $17 to MS-64 = $22. Again, these are wholesale ask prices and you can get other prices for XF-MS66 in the CDN.

I definitely recommend getting the free sample CDN if you intend to buy any US coins, but especially for these commemoratives as they vary widely in price.

CDN Free Sample Issue

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very high for Booker T. Washington halves, you should be able to get a decent uncirculated one for $25 or so.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more common ones (Bookers, Carvers, Columbians) are easily acquirable in AU-BU for maybe $20 max each. You can get nice Stone Mountains, Pilgrims and Iowa's for under $100 if you're patient. I own 3 full sets of Booker T's, a complete set of Carvers, about a half dozen Columbians ranging from XF-BU, '20 and '21 Pilgrims, a Lexington, and a few Stone Mountains and I think I paid probably $500 total.

My dealer sells the commons for $15 each if you want me to look around for ya and pick up a nice XF-AU example. All I'd ask ya to cover is cost plus shipping (No profit for me), so like $16 a coin.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I requested my "free" "Greysheets" last week.
and will likely subscribe (monthly) if the price is right.

The only (older) Commemorative I own is the Stone Mountain one .
I live not too far from the Mountain and have been there numerous times since a child + I like the design.
Best of luck on your collection.
Davers

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Then I dont feel too foolish, I was bidding on one last night and won it..ended up paying 13 and some changes, my shipping was covered from my feebay bucks
1952 50c Washington Carver Silver Commemorative | eBay

But I do see where some fetch a pretty penny.

Im gonna print out the list and start my journey.

Thanks for the help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions