Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a guy to do?

I have made a friend who I'll call Jose he travels up here every year from his home around Leon Mexico. Well anyway last year while helping me with some concrete work I pulled out my Garrett 2500 and asked him if he knew what it was, He looked puzzeled and said oh yea" something to vibrate concrete " after a suddle snicker I threw a quater on the ground and it like it should, gave off the that lovely tone of silver. I told him this finds MONEY. His eyes became as big as half dollars and let out a little sound of joy. Looking me stright in the eye, he said Mr. Tim you come to Mexico with me. Then he proceeded to tell me his grandpa owning a fair sized ranch and having 2 sons one of which was Jose father, Grandpa got upset with them (To much cavasa to much gambling to much women) he buried the family fortune most in GOLD, Jose says they have digging holes for years and no luck. He has no reason to pull my leg. What should I do?

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's a guy to do?

i would try and get alittle more info. to see if it's safe enough to try and if everything is ok, i would go for it.
very best of luck and let us know how it went.
take care and be carefull out there. ron

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm thinking on giving him my bounty hunter he can get it in were I can t . I d be a little fearful about the word getting out of a gringo looking for gold in the middle of no where. I keep you informed maui

Black Cloud

May 22, 2006

Not to throw water on the fire, but back in1980, a similar situation came up, and I went down there for a month, and the last night we were to be there, I found a rifle hidden under some stuff in the truck. They were going to kill me and take my truck. I would be very careful, especially now as the drug lords have taken over nearly everything.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i agree with blackcloud, better to be safe than dead. out in the middle of nowhere i think i would be scared. now thinking about it, it's just too spooky.
whatever you decide, take care of yourself and be very carefull. ron

Bikerboyzx6r

May 3, 2010
Liverpool, England.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Is he that uncivilised that he doesnt know what a metal detector is! :dontknow:

Tell him to buy one & leave him to it..... Its the Family treasure which means its their's and you would have no claim anyway.

Happy Hunting
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread