Whats coin type has the best increase from MWR to CWR?

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is statistically random. CWR dimes are more likely to be circulated so they are better than MWR except for clear wrapped dimes because they always seem to be circulated instead of all new 2011 and 2012

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
There is something to be said for defining what 'paydirt' is for you. I just found a full case of uncirculated 2009-P dimes, for instance. At first I thought I got hosed, but then the fine folks here pointed out the 2009s are low mintage, particularly by modern standards, so I actually may have hit a minor jackpot, hehe :) The rolls are going for $10-$50(!) each on eBay. There's so many levels of potential paydirt, be it silver, errors, etc., that it pays to consider more factors than just the bullion :)

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends.

MWRs are often going to produce steady silver, but rarely will you find a jackpot. For example, if you order 2 boxes of dimes you will generally find 1 or 2 silvers, rarely more than that and rarely 0. On the other hand, with CWRs you have the potential for a jackpot of solid rolls, something you will rarely if ever see with MWRs.

Sometimes MWRs produce better (especially if you are getting CW dumps!) but average-wise I'd say CWRs are better because you do occasinally find jackpots.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only jackpot I have found was a roll of solid 40% halves. Halves are the best but quarters and dimes are good too. However you might get shorted on CWR dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread