whats going on in the Rinehart case

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like they are accepting parts and throwing out other parts after its already been argued and submitted. ???

California Courts - Appellate Court Case Information

07/15/2016 Request for judicial notice granted People's Request for Judicial Notice, filed March 23, 2015: The request is granted for Exhibits A-M and Q. The request is denied for Exhibits N-P. People's Supplemental Request for Judicial Notice, filed June 11, 2015: The request is denied in its entirety (Exhibits R-X). Defendant's Request for Judicial Notice, filed April 22, 2015: The request is granted for Exhibits A-C and E. The request is denied for Exhibits D and F. Defendant's First Conditional Supplemental Request for Judicial Notice, filed July 7, 2015: The request is denied in its entirety (Exhibits 1-12). Defendant's Second Conditional Supplemental Request for Judicial Notice, filed September 28, 2015: The request is denied in its entirety (Exhibits 13-15). Defendant's Third Supplemental Request for Judicial Notice, filed May 3, 2016: The request is granted for Exhibit 20. The request is denied for Exhibits 16-19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FS isn't enforcing the state law, only state agencies are. That said, the state will prosecute you in the county in which the crime occurred. Why not wait just a little more and see if they have the authority to do so?

ratled

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about Nor Cal but in the Mother lode region FS/BLM do not enforce the dredge ban, I believe that there is no FS/BLM code requiring a dredge permit. That said FS/BLM will snitch you off to Fish and Game who does have legal authority to cite you for dredging without a permit. The whole State is all over the spectrum as far as enforcement some are actively enforcing some are turning a blind eye. There is absolutely no continuity in the enforcement community most LEO's are very uninformed on the legal status which leaves them to interpreting the situation as they see fit.

AMRA has gotten at least 3 cases dismissed since the Reinhart case started. I have heard of one case that the individual represented himself and plead out for a light sentence. With competent representation it is an easy win,,,, at least for now,,,, pending a Reinhart case decision.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Dorado Co. DA. hasn't brought any cases to court. there are many dredging and more running highbankers. One guy is dredging so out in the open its pretty funny he's been there for months!!!!

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if it came off a "off the wall" but these regulations are totally impeding my pursuit of happiness and I'll be damn ed if I don't get the same due consideration other's get in the use of my lands. Mine and yours, not theirs.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden Crab,
Case law has decided that States can regulate mining so long as it "does NOT materially interfere". California's position is they are just "regulating" not interfering,,,,,,,, how do you feel on the subject????? my head explodes on a semi-regular basis.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden Crab,
Case law has decided that States can regulate mining so long as it "does NOT materially interfere". California's position is they are just "regulating" not interfering,,,,,,,, how do you feel on the subject????? my head explodes on a semi-regular basis.

So if I'm incredibly depressed because I can't pursue my dream and I become physically sick as a result and also see a decline in quality of life from a health / financial stand point... is that not material? I could retire in two years without these foolish regulators... money is about as material as it gets. This could be argued so many ways and nothing lands in favor of this garbage. It's wrong and we all know it, it needs to change.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be clear I am physically sick and the only way I can make a living from mining is to dredge due to chronic pain / fatigue issues. With these current regulations I cannot keep up with the physical strain it puts on my body and joints. Being in the water helps and is proven therapy for muscular - skeleton issues.

I cannot not use a shovel for long or be hunched over panning for long, nor can i stand on my feet nor sit (due to back pain and it causes my bp to skyrocket) but I can run a dredge in the water a full 8 hours no problem. It truly benefits my condition, so now not only are you standing in the way of my happiness but also impeding medically proven therapy (or are they seriously gonna argue that one?)

Constitutional rights > any crap these slackjawed nut jobs can dribble out.

Last edited:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry Hobbs died while waiting for the courts and a few others as well. There is some legal advantages in pursuing disabilities or veteran status and the arguments are working there way into current litigation. Judicial relief was shot down by Ochoa,,,, Can't figure out why,,,, my head explodes again. And the "Takings" argument is another long, and complicated discussion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread