Whats going on over at Kellyco??

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I placed an order for the propointer/digger combo 4 days ago,They process my order and there site has the items showing as in stock,Today i receive a refund to my card and an email saying the items are on backorder?? Four days wasted waiting for an item they didnt even ship or have in stock? Thats a no-no Kellyco,Time to take my business elsewhere.This is twice in the last six months that ive had issues trying to order from KC,Gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time around.Much better vendors with much better customer support out there.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive ordered from them several times and have never had an issue so not sure whats going on with them maybe it has something to do with tax time and the demand is more than they can keep up with

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. Time lost is money lost, I'm a firm believer in customer service!! Good luck

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KellyCo, in the past, had always been a reliable vendor, but since they are
not responding to orders correctly and the lead times are long, it is very
possible they are in some financial trouble and are only buying stock when
they have a sufficient order qty. already on the books.

Keeping the items "in-stock" takes a lot of cash outlay, and it could be
they are facing some financial challenges that are restricting their ability
to maintain adequate stock? I would think margins on MD'ing products are pretty low,
so ya gotta sell a LOT of equipment in order to show some net profit.

Who knows, really? Odds are we'll find out in a while when all the chips
fall into place.

Guessing based on some bits of evidence really won't provide an answer,
and my comments above are just that, a guess based on what I am reading
from other members.

twocents-1.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive ordered from them several times and have never had an issue so not sure whats going on with them maybe it has something to do with tax time and the demand is more than they can keep up with

Thats very possible and would explain alot,I had never had trouble with KellyCo until a few months ago and then with my order this past week,I dunno man.Hopefully its just a high workload on there end and they get sorted out before long.

Yenges Khan

Mar 7, 2013
Beaver County, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Discovery, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a package deal from Kellyco last Friday and it arrived Tuesday which was great. However one of the items included in the package wasn't there. They were out of stock so the company gave me a $10 credit to use on my next purchase. I go online and order a detector carrying bag and a coil protector which were both said to be in stock. Yesterday I got a email saying the bag was on back order and they will send my shipment out as soon as it comes in. So I'm taking it they aren't sending the coil protector until then also. Being my first dealings with Kellyco, I'm not impressed.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With many....many machines going out of stock quickly and back orders happening across the board I believe you are correct. There are many who would rather work with the "little man" but with the size of kellyco when the smaller guys sell out the larger companies usually have it, with the current demand mentioned above they are most likely on their phones non stop and also selling out.

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With many....many machines going out of stock quickly and back orders happening across the board I believe you are correct. There are many who would rather work with the "little man" but with the size of kellyco when the smaller guys sell out the larger companies usually have it, with the current demand mentioned above they are most likely on their phones non stop and also selling out.

They just need to hire you Tom, That way you can show them how a professional handles business!!!

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate that but, it's much easier at my size. They have multiple people going by a computer inventory system I'm sure, all it takes is two orders at the same time and an in stock out of stock unseen problem can occur multiply that and even the best customer service had it's hands full.

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate that but, it's much easier at my size. They have multiple people going by a computer inventory system I'm sure, all it takes is two orders at the same time and an in stock out of stock unseen problem can occur multiply that and even the best customer service had it's hands full.

I agree completly with what you r saying, Just there offline advertising alone is astonishing,The influx of business for kellyco daily is probably phenomenal just from phone calls alone,Throw the internet store in the mix and i could see a million different ways a business could run into order problems.

HogGrin

Mar 20, 2013
Suffolk Co. Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have similar problems with KC. Ordered rechargeable batteries and charger in December was called that they were on backorder...ok I will wait.
Had to call several times and send emails over the months, its coming, its not coming, Tracking numbers that do not work etc... Finally received in March.

Disappointed with First Texas Products customer service too.

Being new to the hobby I hope this is not what I am to expect from the companies in general.

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KellyCo, in the past, had always been a reliable vendor, but since they are
not responding to orders correctly and the lead times are long, it is very
possible they are in some financial trouble and are only buying stock when
they have a sufficient order qty. already on the books.

Keeping the items "in-stock" tak4es a lot of cash outlay, and it could be
they are facing some financial challenges that are restricting their ability
to maintain adequate stock? I would think margins on MD'ing products are pretty low,
so ya gotta sell a LOT of equipment in order to show some net profit.

Who knows, really? Odds are we'll find out in a while when all the chips
fall into place.

Guessing based on some bits of evidence really won't provide an answer,
and my comments above are just that, a guess based on what I am reading
from other members.

twocents-1.gif
Hi DizzyDigger,

Could not be further from the truth. The problem is an industry shortage problem, there has been such an overwhelming positive response from TV programs like Diggers, that the manufacturers are struggling to keep up. Kellyco has large orders in place with suppliers, they are just struggling to keep up. Many vendors are increasing manufacturing capacity so that they can ramp up to meet the new demand level. We get deliveries weekly, last week we received 3 trucks on Friday, and we are expecting new deliveries this week.

As you know we keep the largest range and largest stock in the World, and serve a Worldwide market. It is going to take awhile for the manufactures to ramp-up to the new demands by all distributors. In the meantime, we are working extended hours, have taken on additional staff to ship out as many detectors as we can. While we try to meet everybody's needs, we know we are going to miss a few. We have to decide whether its more important to ship out product, or respond to messages, either way many folks will be unhappy.

We appreciate your patience. We are also looking to source additional brands of detectors, so watch for new products in the near future.

Sincerely

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...many who would rather work with the "little man" but with the size of kellyco when the smaller guys sell out the larger companies usually have it...
metal_detector.gif
FWIW - When I didn't get a response to my KellyCo E-Mail (via their E-Mail Site Form) and the numerous comments about "KellyCo being out of stock" threads - I called one of the "little man" advertised (sponsor) on this site. They had both the MD and PinPointer "in-stock" and delivered the same week to me. So, you might re-consider writing off the "little man" approach for now.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW - When I didn't get a response to my KellyCo E-Mail (via their E-Mail Site Form) and the numerous comments about "KellyCo being out of stock" threads - I called one of the "little man" advertised (sponsor) on this site. They had both the MD and PinPointer "in-stock" and delivered the same week to me. So, you might re-consider writing off the "little man" approach for now.

I am the "little man" I was commenting on the reason for the increase in their volume of calls goes beyond their regular customers...a majority of dealers are out.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter where I order from I'll call first and have them check the stock before I order, if you don't take the time to do that then your bound to run into a problem sometime or another no matter where you order from. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread