Whats greatest discovered buried treasure in USA?

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm a new member on the TreasureNet website, and I have a question. ??? What is/was the greatest DISCOVERED buried treasure in the United States? Thank you for your assistance. -donn-

WELCOME, halfsense In my short time on the board I have seen this question asked in several different ways I have always thought IF one was to come upon a great treasure Why would one even mention it ? After the legal battles and taxes I think the proper move would be to Keep Quiet and dispose of it in small lots - Hence no one would ever know the Discovery If the choice of FAME vrs Riches I would go with Riches and no fame

Last edited:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought of Mel along with the Pirate Ship off the east coast,
But are they considered "in the in USA? "

I personally* Exclude anything past the Surf Line as In the U.S.

*as I said, my personal opinion

Anything 10miles out isn't the usa

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME, halfsense In my short time on the board I have seen this question asked in several different way I have always thought IF one was to come upon a great treasure Why would one even mention it ? After the legal battles and taxes I think the proper move would be to Keep Quiet and dispose of it in small lots - Hence no one would ever know the Discovery In the choice of FAME vrs Riches I would go with Riches and no fame

If you'd admit you're huge score you'd have to hide behind vps for ever

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't all treasures "unburied" when they are discovered? How do you discover buried treasure??

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't all treasures "unburied" when they are discovered? How do you discover buried treasure??

The treasure was buried so its buried treasure? Say a Indian artifact in the hands of a white man is it still Indian ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Anything 10miles out isn't the usa

Mell Fisher found his big hit in USA waters which is now the personal property of NOAA off the south east coast of Key West. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
does the mining of bitcoins count?

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it depends on what "treasure " is to you. I love archeological finds & gems & minerals. History is another treasure that shouldn't be overlooked. But truly I think the American people are our greatest treasure. Not only the soldiers,(God bless & keep them safe), but the neighbor that is there when needed. The boss with compassion the nurse with tlc, the friends on Tnet that are always there to give advice & share their knowledge. We are a unique country, & a unique people. Oh my, I am sounding rather mushy aren't I.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread