whats in caves?

Dutchman

Greenie
Feb 13, 2006
Howdy all. New to the forum thing but been hunting a while. Anyone look in the many sinkholes and small caves
in southeast Ky? I know; there are rules and safety to consider. First of all i am doing everything by the letter.
The question I want to get answers to have to do with what is down there?
I know there are some nice crystal growth here but how is it there? and is it worth more than the beauty I see in them?
An old buddy of mine got me looking here in Pulaski co. after showing me a find of his: a pinkish purple crystal about a foot and one half around that looks like a giant rose. he found it in a sinkhole area on his property when prepping it for the coming years cattle.
There are many geodes here but this didn't look like one, unless you took away all the outside and left perfect the interior.
Any suggestions, comments, information is welcome.

Martimus Rex

Dec 11, 2009
IL / MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI SE 3
Removing formations from caves are illegal. It is thought apon as vandelism. When onyx is taken out of a cave it will actually dry out. And over time it will flake away.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Martimus Rex said:
Removing formations from caves are illegal. It is thought apon as vandelism. When onyx is taken out of a cave it will actually dry out. And over time it will flake away.
thought it was opal that did that.

reef12

Jun 9, 2010
I bought a piece of cave back in the 80's from a mineral store here paid $5.00 for a piece of Calcite stalactite.

Good deal and yes best to leave it alone so somebody else can enjoy it's wonder.

From Mexico it was.

naturalexplorer

Greenie
Feb 7, 2012
Saint Paul, MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are all types of goodies in caves. Formations? Better you than them, I have no problem with someone else taking them. There is also a good chance of finding fossils, cave drawings, and artifacts.

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturalexplorer said:
There are all types of goodies in caves. Formations? Better you than them, I have no problem with someone else taking them. There is also a good chance of finding fossils, cave drawings, and artifacts.

Caves are cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread