Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's new in your town?

As I drove my sister around town today I noticed the following either just built or being built. 3 new banks, 1 new dental office, 2 either 7 -11 or Conoco gas stations multi lane, 1 new Subway type store directly across from a Subway, old bank being torn down and either a new bank or dental office being built. How many banks, dental offices and fast food joints can a town have. I have yet to see anything to justify these since there are a lot of houses for sale, empty stores, and other big sucking sounds as business leave. Only good thing about the number of banks is I don't have to stand in line, when I go in I am the only one there, the tellers are reading books, doing homework, or sorting thru coins.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Beans said:
As I drove my sister around town today I noticed the following either just built or being built. 3 new banks, 1 new dental office, 2 either 7 -11 or Conoco gas stations multi lane, 1 new Subway type store directly across from a Subway, old bank being torn down and either a new bank or dental office being built. How many banks, dental offices and fast food joints can a town have. I have yet to see anything to justify these since there are a lot of houses for sale, empty stores, and other big sucking sounds as business leave. Only good thing about the number of banks is I don't have to stand in line, when I go in I am the only one there, the tellers are reading books, doing homework, or sorting thru coins.

I think we had a new murder and one armed robbery.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a new auto parts store. Logging has been devastated, so there are no good paying jobs for young people, so they are moving away, and retired Californians are moving here and doing their best to Californicate Oregon.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a new auto parts store. Logging has been devastated, so there are no good paying jobs for young people, so they are moving away, and retired Californians are moving here and doing their best to Californicate Oregon.

That was one of the reasons I decided not to stay and retire in Oregon. People from California brought thier cost of living with them.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets see, a small bridge they have been rebuilding for the past 2 years.Kids with tonka trucks and teaspoons would have it done by now.A corrupt selectman that makes over $250,000 a year,but thats nothing new :laughing9:The DPW that takes 3 guys and a cop to change one street sign not the pole but the sign its self.I could of done it with 2 wrenches and a step stool in 5 minutes.Again thats nothing new.Not much new here.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are slated to lose both our local newspapers come Jan. 1. A while back Warren Buffet bought both of them as part of a 200 newspaper buying spree. Now he's closing both down. One of the papers has been in business 145 years (as reported). Sounds terrible until you look at his business reasoning. Our county has a population of 400 thousand. Both news papers have a total subscription of 10,000. A great lose for us locals but I can see his point. The man didn't get to where he is now losing money.

Last edited:

jstorgold

Greenie
Nov 17, 2012
massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
im in a small town scitute massachusetts and i have a good strem i the woods i was wondering if anyone knows if there is gold around my town

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jstorgold said:
im in a small town scitute massachusetts and i have a good strem i the woods i was wondering if anyone knows if there is gold around my town

Why yes, there is.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all the changes in my area were brought upon by two ladies. :headbang:

Sandy left us with a new shoreline and Hostess gave us longer unemployment lines

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My town? The museum is closed, the fire dept. has been cut, the population has dropped, unemployment has doubled, everything seems to be going out of business yet city officials voted themselves a better benefit package and our police dept got 270,000.00 worth of new vehicles and a tank.
yeah. An armored vehicle to go with the M4 machine guns and FLIR thermal imagers they got LAST YEAR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My town? The museum is closed, the fire dept. has been cut, the population has dropped, unemployment has doubled, everything seems to be going out of business yet city officials voted themselves a better benefit package and our police dept got 270,000.00 worth of new vehicles and a tank.
yeah. An armored vehicle to go with the M4 machine guns and FLIR thermal imagers they got LAST YEAR.

Are you sure your City Government are not Preppers?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Well , other than that , how did you like the play , Mrs.Lincoln ?

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Our mayor paid for his sons wedding with Goverment chegues, he figures he done nothing wrong.:tongue3:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way if you want to beat certain types of night vision,just use space blankets:laughing7:

A spider hole covered with a space blanket works for defeating helicopter mounted FLIR.
Or find a warm engine block on a vehicle to crawl under, or a dash on a car in the winter (the defrost blower heats up the windshield) or a lot of newer houses will have a low mounted PVC furnace exhaust that you can wrap around, or a dryer vent. Anything to make a non human "blob"
Or so I heard....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread