Whats on the menu tonight?

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought it was going to be these 2 nice speckled trout that I caught today, but I was just informed by the wife that we were having leftover turkey samitches and oyster dressing :censored: Oh well, It could be worse! 002.JPG

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought it was going to be these 2 nice speckled trout that I caught today, but I was just informed by the wife that we were having leftover turkey samitches and oyster dressing :censored: Oh well, It could be worse! View attachment 1086827
Nice trout...I used to wade fish the flats and catch those on a red jig head with a white plastic paddle tail...good eatin right there. :icon_thumright:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fresh venison in mushroom gravy over toasted hard roll and tossed salad.....glad there is another week of muzzleloader hunting, have almost finished the first deer....hope all of you had a good holiday.....Gary

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Chase em this way GMD! L.o.l..
Frozen Chinese tonight. Honey chicken. Some veggie egg rolls and stir fried veggies with some asparagus for a change on the usual jasmine rice.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can shoot doe in your area, 21 walked by my Sat. at 30 yds. and not a bone on them.....I'll head em your way......Gary

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinto beans and corn bread.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halibut, with a lot of lemon and garlic. Asparagus spears. I 'am still thinking of a lil' somethin' else.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GMD And all you other hunters need to come walking with me some morning at one of our local wooded parks,there are deer so close you could almost touch them but that would be kind of like barrel fishing though wouldn't it? I haven't even thought about supper yet,accck!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was grilled pork with wild rice/ brown rice......

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lookindown, I love pinto beans and cornbread; but what about the fried 'taters? Add iced tea with the beans, cornbread, and 'taters, and I can make a meal anytime, day or night!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookindown, I love pinto beans and cornbread; but what about the fried 'taters? Add iced tea with the beans, cornbread, and 'taters, and I can make a meal anytime, day or night!
Yeah, fried taters with a little bit of onion in them...my favorite meal is fried venison back strap, fried taters, pinto beans and cornbread with sweet tea...been eating that combo since I was a kid.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I like all of what you said except the venison. I can eat antelope, but don't care for the venison. I guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. lol

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to have my 3 favorite foods tonight- Bacon ends,pieces, and irregular slices.
Anything is good with bacon in it or on it. :thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making a pot of chili tonight topped with sharp cheddar and white rice on the side. A bottle of crystal hot sauce and some saltine crackers and I'm ready to go! A meal like this makes me wish I still drank beer, because that's about the only thing missing to make it perfect.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I can use google, however that's not working so far on the previous four Saturday nights. Can somebody Please! Share the secret of making the best tasting crab cake there ever was. I don't care if I have to order some exotic crab from some far away place, I can't fail again!!
So any advice anybody has I'd greatly appreciate it..please.

Mike

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my way....1 pound dungeness crab meat
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced green onions
1 large egg
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tbls. fresh cilantro chopped fine
1 Tbls. fresh tarragon chopped fine
1 Tbls. fresh dill chopped fine
1 Tbls. fresh parsley chopped fine
1 Tbls. dijon mustard
1 Tbls. finely grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
2 separate cups panko
1 cup canola oil for frying

Put the crab in a small bowl and pick over the meat to remove any shells. Try not to tear apart the crab meat. Grab a medium sized bowl. Zest your lemon first, then juice it. Add egg, mayo, fresh herbs, mustard and spices. Mix well. Now add the crab and 1 cup panko. Gently mix all ingredients together except for 1 cup of panko and the canola oil. Be careful not to over mix. Let the crab mixture sit in refrigerator for at least a 1/2 hour before shaping into 3 ounce patties (use a 3 ounce scoop). Take the remaining 1 cup of panko and place on a plate. Take each crab patty and gently push into the panko forming a crust. Heat canola oil in frying pan. Fry crab cakes in oil until golden brown on both sides. Put crab cakes on paper lined plate to drain. Serve immediately with lemon wedges or sriracha sauce. Makes 10 crab cakes.

This is my Babe's way. We alternate.
5 ounces (150 gr.) of Dungeness crab meat
1 cup (240 ml.) Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup (60 ml.) finely chopped red bell peppers
2 tablespoons (30 ml.) chopped Italian parsley
Pinch of celery salt
Dash of Tabasco
Pinch of ground black pepper
Pinch of Kosher salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup (60 ml.) heavy cream
1 tablespoon (15 ml.) dry sherry
1 tablespoon (15 ml.) chopped shallots
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml.) paprika
2 cups (480 ml.) canola oil

In a bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs, chopped red bell peppers, parsley, celery salt, Tabasco, ground black pepper, salt, egg, heavy cream, dry sherry, shallots and paprika. Mix well.
Add crab meat and combine thoroughly. Form into patties with your hand and refrigerate for an hour.
Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet and fry the crab cakes until golden.
Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail or tartar sauce.

We have always made them identical to the above reciepes...for years..... before this interweb thing...but someone has been watching us!! No copyright, no foul?:icon_scratch: :laughing7:

It is now crab season here!!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAT'S ON THE MENU HERE.....? SAWDUST and a LOT of it.
Ok, outside of my new endeavor (toy box business) we're having homemade chips and cheese tonight. And I get the most!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread