Whats On YOUR Bucket List?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had already filled so many of the items in my original bucket list it was over flowing, I had to start a new one. (I didn't even know what it was called back then.)

I had already camped in almost every National Park west of the Mississippi River by the time I turned 40.

I took a 6 week camping vacation once while working in Minot, North Dakota in 1977, with my best friend and roommate and we drove 6000 miles, camping all over the west......

On the trip we camped in Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, then over to and camped at bottom of both Hells Canyon, and Snake River Canyon Id, Sun valley Id, then north to Cascades National Park Wa, took the coastal highway 101 then Highway 1 from Seattle to San Diego, taking every scenic turn out along the way, camping in Olympic National Park, Redwood National Park, Crater Lake National Park, Lake Tahoe, Reno and Carson City, Yosemite National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Sequoia National Park, then north to Death Valley National Park (too darn hot to camp there) and on to Vegas. From Vegas we went north to Wyoming, and then back to Minot ND.

On another camping trip went to Colorado and Utah for 3 weeks, camping in all the National Parks there.

I have been camping in Yellowstone 8 times now, love that place, 4 times in grand Tetons, seen Grand Canyon 4 times and camped once. Even got to visit the Mustang ranch in NV a couple times when I was single..... ;D

In 2008 My wife and I flew to Phoenix, rented a car and drove to Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Park Utah, then north to Yellowstone and spent 4 days in a cabin there, then camped in Grand Tetons and then drove back to Bullhead City Az, across the river from Laughlin Nv and spent 5 days with a good friend there, which is why I now want to move there when I retire.....

My new bucket list...

1. Have good health when I retire in 4 years.
2. Moved to Arizona, or at least spend 6 months a year there when I retire, detecting.
3. Detect Hong Kong's, and Korea's beaches.
4. Visit Singapore
5. Again, Have good health when I retire in 4 years.

wayne_sa

Jun 30, 2009
san antonio
my list:
1) make the banner
2) understand plehbah
3) treat Marc to a root beer on the Riverwalk
4) climb five 14K footers in Colorado w/ my son and grandson
5) write a book that needs not be self-published :read2:
:icon_thumright:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more from my list:

#7-Skydive
#8-Run for public office
#12-Be granted a Patent or Copyright
#14-Apprehend a criminal
#23-Perform on stage
#26-Publish a book
#27-Record a song that I wrote

Workin' on ALL of them on my list...

Best,
Scott

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bucket overflows,
beginning with;
One: finding the way to Peace, forever, here on our Earth.
Two: Edifying people as to ensuring less Rubbish thrown in our waterways.
That includes your Local Street Sump.
There is a pile of plastic accumulating in the Northen Pacific Ocean,
captured by the vortex, from ignorance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch
Three: A Hot Air Balloon Ride
Four: Another Bike Ride, somewhere in The World, although it would be difficult to surpass our South Island :headbang: Across India is on the cards.
Five: Possibly set up my own Bizniz - offering guided motorcycling tours around New Zealand, to TreasureNet Bikers :hello2:
Mike

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne....wanting to understand plehbah is just taking up room in your bucket. Replace that wish with something else more feasible. The "understanding" will come once you actually cross over.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about top 5, but there are a few things I might like to do. Outlive the ex-wife. FINALLY get accepted into Mensa, then turn it down just to show I was more elitist than they. Explore every foot of the Wichita Mts. Wildlife Refuge that is closed to the public. Tour with the Rolling Stones for my third career (they'll always be hiring). Stay on that one bull slightly longer than 1.5 seconds, or at least land on my feet this time. Get a Ph.d in 'Leisure Studies'. (Kinda like a doctorate in dodgeball) The list goes on, probably.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rginn, is there periodic testing for Mensa and, once you get forgetful, do they kick you out and you become a former member? Is that where the term, "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know" comes from? :D

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
RGINN said:
I don't know about top 5, but there are a few things I might like to do. Outlive the ex-wife. FINALLY get accepted into Mensa, then turn it down just to show I was more elitist than they. Explore every foot of the Wichita Mts. Wildlife Refuge that is closed to the public. Tour with the Rolling Stones for my third career (they'll always be hiring). Stay on that one bull slightly longer than 1.5 seconds, or at least land on my feet this time. Get a Ph.d in 'Leisure Studies'. (Kinda like a doctorate in dodgeball) The list goes on, probably.

I wish the Mensa Society would quit contacting me everytime they want a ruling on the accuracy of their test questions...... :read2:

1. In my stumblings around the mountains I wish I would find "The Lost Fremont Cannon".
2. I wish I would find the 210 Million Dollar Winning Power Ball ticket blowing around.
3. I hope I get to travel back to the Far East where I spent my youth.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take back ragging on Mensa. I got an automatic in because if you score above a certain profile score on your ACT you're in. I think it was above 28, so I aced that. I thought ACT was a joke anyway. 98% in the state and 97% in the nation. That was a long time ago and I understand they have dumbed down the standards now. ACT and PSAT are a joke anyway, because lots of us just like to take tests. I was offered a free ride at OU in Physics based on my ACT scores. I practically flunked physics in high school. So another thing on the list would be to build one of those wave generators and get it right and be able to explain it. I do know what a Wheatstone Bridge is though, do y'all?

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
Hahhhaaaa.....my MOS was 32450....so yes. I can't say I've had to use one or do the formulas in the last 25-30yrs.....but I still know when Kirchhoff's second rule comes into play. Remember when your High School teacher used to warn you......"You better learn this because you'll be using this information the rest of your life". In many cases they were right....and in many cases they were wrong. I just wish there would have been some way of knowing which to remember and focus on and which blow off... ;D I usually had them backwards. :laughing7:

TiredIron

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm finally old enough that I can blow off any damn thing I want to.

Best,
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread