Whats The Best Way Anyone Can Find Rocks & Minerals

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
What's The Best Way Anyone Can Find Rocks & Minerals

I've create a a poll to show how I acquire my small but growing collection.. Most cases.. its simply walking put the back door of a friend's or family members home and explore.. Thou I don't find anything of museum quality.. I do find something.

Also simply walking home from some of my daily chores.. Dump trucks loose their loads.. and spill all over the highway.. Then there is the occasional flea market, pawn shop or yard sale.. This one guy at a yard sale (I knew him) was simply giving his rocks and minerals away. I think he said his wife gave him an ultimatum.

And of course the Gem mine.. My first attempt (that I can remember) was I though these small clear stones where glass in the seeded buckets.. and threw them over the sluice wall.. The owner of the gem mine was like "NO Wait!" Turned out they where Topaz stones.

Then I've acquired a few stones just by volunteering to work at a nature center..

So whats the easiest or best way to acquire your rocks and minerals?.

Along with this comes the responsibility of giving stones and minerals away.. On two occasions I was given a chance to help a Native American Center (which was broken into the night before and needed items to place what was stolen) and a Jr. High School earth science class (which again needed items/books etc on Rocks & Minerals)

P.S. I'm Assuming many of you are wanting to know how to create a poll.. I'll post something shortly..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread