Whats the best way to verify a seller on here

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now there is no feedback type of section. You'll need to scroll through posts on that Board and see if anyone has posted feedback about the individual from another deal. Unless you can catch someone you suspect may have had a deal with the seller and message that person. I don't think that requesting a phone call would be out of line either.

Generally speaking, scammers would be exposed pretty quick on here, not that it happens very often. Remember, if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is. :thumbsup:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Just don't buy an RV for $2500!!!

Anything where they ask for "escrow" payments because they're "out of town right now" etc...is BAD! Straight paypal payments are usually fine. :wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no problem with Asking online
in the Section that the ad is, IF Anyone
knows or has dealt with the seller in the Past.

If the person is OK They should have no
fear of you asking.

Also as said earlier, a Phone Number
& Call is a good idea.

Although Most New members are Legit,
& Probably Give the Best deals,
a little Extra Caution when dealing with a
member who signed up
just to sell a detector would be a good idea.

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do know If the seller has a paypal account great .Them if something is wrong with the item you can file a claim with paypal for a refund but you will have to pay for return shipping to the seller. so using paypal is safe it both parties has a account

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, when paying with PayPal, use your credit card. Then you have a second layer of protection if it goes wrong. If the PayPal claim fails then you can go straight to your credit card company.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Right now there is no feedback type of section. You'll need to scroll through posts on that Board and see if anyone has posted feedback about the individual from another deal.

I try to update the ads on a daily basis with a solved.gif if an item sold...if a good transaction between the buyer & seller I put a :icon_thumright: I had posted this http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,325604.0.html sometimes the individual does not refer to this, that's why I update to include.

Attachments

• solved.gif
    solved.gif
    589 bytes · Views: 162

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
DigginThePast said:
Right now there is no feedback type of section. You'll need to scroll through posts on that Board and see if anyone has posted feedback about the individual from another deal.

I try to update the ads on a daily basis with a
if an item sold...if a good transaction between the buyer & seller I put a :icon_thumright: I had posted this http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,325604.0.html sometimes the individual does not refer to this, that's why I update to include.

Hey....cool. :thumbsup: I thought the sellers were putting up the checks, showing the item was sold. Yours is a quick way to indicate feedback. :hello2:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is someone with a couple thousand or more posts, they probably are Ok. But beware of a short timer. I learned the hard way. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread