Whats the difference between ACE 250 and 350?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: What's the difference between ACE 250 and 350?

--differant freq operation on the two -- the 350 is clearly designed with a more serious hunter in mind --

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

the 350 can not go in the water up to 10'....thats the AT pro, the 250 and 350 are both land detectors (coils are waterproof, head units not)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

corrected my bad -- mixed the two new ones up AT pro -/ 350 --brain fart

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

junglejim said:
Can someone tll me what is the difference between them? Will either work as a nugget hunter very well? I'm going around in circlesb trying to decide on a detector that I can afford but will also work on nuggets. thank yall

What you need is a detector that is made to find gold nuggets.
Anything else and you are wasting time and money if that is what you are going to hunt for.

The new Gold Bug Pro has been getting a lot of good reports lately and some ae selling their used Gold Bug II to buy one.
Used detectors are a great value.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

junglejim said:
Can someone tll me what is the difference between them? Will either work as a nugget hunter very well? I'm going around in circlesb trying to decide on a detector that I can afford but will also work on nuggets. thank yall

Back to the original question - neither is designed to specifically be a nugget shooter but the 350 is "Recommended" (not "Highly Recommended") by Garrett for prospecting. The AT Pro is "Highly Recommended" as a nugget shooter, probably due to the higher operating frequency.

So, if you are looking for an all around machine to occasionally hunt gold, the ACE 350 would work, the ACE 250 would not be recommended and the AT Pro would be excellent. If you are seeking a strictly gold machine, the AT Pro would probably do OK, but not as well as a speciality machine. Of course this is a guess, because I haven't been to any gold fields with mine. It might rock your world!

We could probably help more if we knew your range of affordability.

Uncle Willy

Oct 5, 2005

The difference is higher frequency, enhanced iron resolution, a hot new DD coil which makes it a coin magnet and a fair relic machine. Neither are a dedicated nugget detector. You need a gold machine if your main interest is nuggets - not a general use detector.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread