WHATS THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU WHILE METAL DETECTING?

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU WHILE METAL DETECTING?

I recently got my brother interested in metal detecting so i have been teaching him what i know(which isn't much lol).
before i owned a pin pointer i would dig a plug and wave it in front of the coil ,if it beeped i would break the dirt in half and do it again till i found the item.
i watched my brother wave a clump of dirt in front of his coil, beep! he would break it in half and beep! and so on and so on. now he was down to a piece of dirt about the size of a pea. he broke that in half and beep! ,
now he had nothing in his had waved his hand in front of the coil and beep!. he had no rings bracelets etc... it was a new detector being used for the first time so thinking something is wrong with his detector i waved mine in front of his hand and beep! :icon_scratch:
after a few mins my brother finally realized when he was young he accidentally shot himself in the hand with a pellet gun and never got the pellet out!
so now he has to use the opposite hand to wave the dirt lol!

cassrh

Greenie
Jan 8, 2010
Re: WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU WHILE METAL DETECTING?

My first metal detector was a el cheapo Radio Shack unit that cost about 30 bucks new. I took it to a sand bar on the Brazos to find "treasure". Almost immediately, I got a strong signal, dug several inches and discovered I'd missed by a few inches - I moved back and dug again. Same thing, moved back and dug again.After several more dig and move events I had a good sized trench dug, but the detector still sounded off at each new location. I discovered not to wear steel toed boots while detecting.

OP
OP
snowdogg70

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cassrh said:
My first metal detector was a el cheapo Radio Shack unit that cost about 30 bucks new. I took it to a sand bar on the Brazos to find "treasure". Almost immediately, I got a strong signal, dug several inches and discovered I'd missed by a few inches - I moved back and dug again. Same thing, moved back and dug again.After several more dig and move events I had a good sized trench dug, but the detector still sounded off at each new location. I discovered not to wear steel toed boots while detecting.
roflmao

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Swinging away in the wet sand at the beach, looking at bikinis and stepped on my coil. I almost went down. :tongue3:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx

Sadly, I missed the women of my dreams. I was detecting in a volleyball sand pit and this women and her son sat down on the bleacher next to me. Her son was very intrigued. I gave him a toy motorcycle that I was hoping to keep, and he feel in love with it. I spoke to her briefly.... her accent (she wasn't from America), took me by surprise, and I stumbled on my words. i could tell she was somewhat intrigued but was also noticing my idiot lack of ability to talk to pretty women. So, perhaps that's my funniest moment...

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

last weekend as I'm working nights I took my girlfriends son and his girlfriend out night detecting, we hit a little swimming hole. came up empty except for a quarter- that I found. then took off to another park after hitting McDonalds- so at like 2 am I find another park, and while the kids are in the car because they are tired I'm finding pull tabs...the cops show up on the other end of the park and start spot lighting... :o they drive on to the park and start checking buildings, I know they saw me but decided I was not enough of an issue to bother with- yep here I was at 2:30am waiving back at them stop lighting me! they pretty much ignored me and I finished up and moved on to another park after stopping for dinner and dropping the kids off...I thought 'oh crap I'm in trouble!' just after the cops left some dopes on a little 50cc bike rode up to me to see what I was doing...they were laughing at me, probably cause they saw the cops spotlighting me- and I was laughing at them for riding a 50cc bike with 2 people at 2:30am... :icon_scratch: crazy drunks, it's likely the cops were looking for them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread