Whats the shortest knife blade length you would use?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Five inches, but I prefer seven.

And I'll meet the first man that laughs outside in the parking lot at closing. :D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use an 8" dive knife ,bright orange handle, (harder to get lost)
got it cheap too (found while mding)
george

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
I use a 10" screwdriver... also looks better if your in a park not to have a large knife, not saying a 10" screwdriver couldn't do some serious injury, just doesn't have a that scare factor for some people

T

TreasureTales

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Five inches, but I prefer seven.

And I'll meet the first man that laughs outside in the parking lot at closing. :D

LOL I had 10 inches but went down to 6. LOL J/K

You can't have just one digger. You need a stout trowel for chopping out roots, digging in compacted soil, and for the mud. You'll need a 5-7 inch blade knife (hunting knife is good) for cutting plugs. You'll need a standard screwdriver with a long shaft (no laughing) for popping coins and out of lawns with little damage to the grass. And you might want a long handled digger for saving your back when the bending and stooping wears you out. I use my long handle digger almost all the time when I'm doing the bark boxes. You need more than one type of digger just like you need more than one pair of shoes. Each has it's specific time and place for your optimum success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions