Whats the smallest bottle you have found?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Is this one in the running?

Attachments

• vicks 1.JPG
    vicks 1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 328
  • vicks 2.JPG
    vicks 2.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 334
  • vicks 3.JPG
    vicks 3.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 329

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
It says drops on the other side. When I was pulling down a dirt bank in the oil boom town, this bottle showed but when I got it out, I found the neck was already broke. :'(

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RGecy, Nice collection of miniatures. I think that coke is the smallest.
Stoney, Ni-i-ice cobalt vicks. I've never seen anything like it. Is that a wire in the top?

I used to have a large bottle collection. I had so many boxes there was no room to keep them. Now I only collect miniatures; mainly medicines. Small bottles are easier to find unbroken. They often survive, where the larger ones do not.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Cy, yes it's an ornament hanger. I hung it from a small tree on another post. The wire was not originally part of the bottle. Still trying to research it as it seems unusual. Turns out it was initially threaded.

Vick's Drops bottle.? In 1913 the Vick Company was selling Electric Hot Drops and Toothache drops.? The name was later changed to? Vicks Nose & Throat Drops.? I think your bottle was probably a sample.? Their most famous product was the Vick's Vapo Rub.? Its predecessor? was originally called Vick's Croup and Pneumonia Salve circa 1912 by the Vick's Manufacturing Chemists, Greensboro, NC.
?

Z

ZumbroKid

Here is the smallest one i got. it has some crumbly stuff in it yet.

Attachments

• small bottle.jpg
    small bottle.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 312

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FreeTwoDtect said:
Here is the smallest one i got. it has some crumbly stuff in it yet.

We can't tell how small it is- you pictured nothing to compare it to; even though, I think I recognize this modern bottle.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my kids got a toy pop delivery truck for Christmas several years ago and those little coke bottles were inside it. You can buy those small vials at the drug store with oil of cinnamon in them. As kids we use to put toothpicks in them and make hot spiced toothpicks. Be very careful though it will burn the skin! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread