Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
There web site still says the tiger & sand shark are still out of production..............makes you think about buying any Tesoro....are they going to close down.... then you will be stuck no matter what detector you buy ????????

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 494

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Im of the conspiracy minded :icon_scratch:...and this just came to me a few minutes ago...while looking at info of the AT PRO makes you wonder if Tesoro didnt take a payoff from Garrett to postpone production of the TS/SS while they introduce theyre new machine. A huge cash allowance from a major dealer to one that could use the cash for RnD for a newer machine...I know it sounds crazy but so does taking over a year to produce a waterproof connector ::) :o :dontknow:...there isnt a sarcasm icon.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
jersey devl said:
Im of the conspiracy minded :icon_scratch:...and this just came to me a few minutes ago...while looking at info of the AT PRO makes you wonder if Tesoro didnt take a payoff from Garrett to postpone production of the TS/SS while they introduce theyre new machine. A huge cash allowance from a major dealer to one that could use the cash for RnD for a newer machine...I know it sounds crazy but so does taking over a year to produce a waterproof connector ::) :o :dontknow:...there isnt a sarcasm icon.
I never thought about it like that........... BUT you could have something there........... You could be right........... :occasion14: :occasion14:

Attachments

• mds.gif
    mds.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 488

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some holes in that theory.

First, you are assuming that the ATI and Tesoro's water machines are on the same level, and serve the same purpose. They don't. The ATI is a land machine that happens to be waterproof, whereas the Shark brothers are dedicated water machines submersible to great depths. Typically anything that can do it all, seldom does any one thing that great. I guess we'll see soon how the ATI does in the water.

Second, you are assuming that Tesoro needs the money for R&D. How would you know that? They sell a lot of machine in other places then just the US. You or I would have no way of knowing how financially well off (or not) Tesoro is.

Third, maybe the sales of the Shark brothers wasn't high enough to make this a priority. If you sell thousands of product A, and very few of product B, product B isn't going to get a lot of attention. It may not actually be that it's taking a year to develop a connector, it could be that it's just on the back burner. I'm the one doing the assuming now, but maybe the attention is focused on the development of new machines instead?

Anyway, all in good fun. :hello2:

Dan

drybones48

Apr 20, 2009
Cuyahoga Falls, Oh
Detector(s) used
CZ21 CZ3D Tesoro Cortez
Well its closing in on 2 years, and absolutely no info from Tesoro, other than were real close. Any company worth there salt, should keep the public aware of their progress, completely honest and open, not keep brushing everyone off. Tell it like it is. I'm sure we can take it. Whats so hard about a web page with periodic updates. I'm just saying.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
drybones48 said:
Well its closing in on 2 years, and absolutely no info from Tesoro, other than were real close. Any company worth there salt, should keep the public aware of their progress, completely honest and open, not keep brushing everyone off. Tell it like it is. I'm sure we can take it. Whats so hard about a web page with periodic updates. I'm just saying.
Well there is no updates they won't let us know so it could be there will be no more water detectors from Tesoro........

Attachments

• largelogosandshark.gif
    largelogosandshark.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 430
  • largelogotigershark.gif
    largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 424
  • 294x220.jpg
    294x220.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 427
  • largelogosandshark.gif
    largelogosandshark.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 424
    largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 425
  • 294x220.jpg
    294x220.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 419

chazzcage

Nov 12, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really excited about getting a Tiger or Sandshark but after reading the almost two year ordeal waiting for a fix I think I make be forced to buy another brand. Even though I know where I could get a Sandshark I have to pass. Makes me wonder what Tesoro will be doing in the future with their long range plans.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What tic's me off is they won't answer my emails. I maybe forced to sell my Tiger Shark to the highest bidder.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys, though I've gotten some emails and PM's with offers for me to sell the Tiger Shark I just won't do it. My Tiger has come through for me when the Excal just didn't do it. I have found more gold chains with it than my other detectors combined.

Tesoro will soon have the connector problem solved. Then maybe I can get a Clean Sweep Coil for the water and sand again. :headbang:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Sorry guys, though I've gotten some emails and PM's with offers for me to sell the Tiger Shark I just won't do it. My Tiger has come through for me when the Excal just didn't do it. I have found more gold chains with it than my other detectors combined.

Tesoro will soon have the connector problem solved. Then maybe I can get a Clean Sweep Coil for the water and sand again. :headbang:
At last a honest man some one who admits there is a water detector as good as the Excalibur........But then a lot don't think so life with a closed mind i guess...... :headbang:

Attachments

largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 290
    largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 292

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What exactly is the issue with the connector? I'm about to buy a Tiger Shark locally, but should I wait until this problem is fixed?

Thanks,

Dan

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan B said:
What exactly is the issue with the connector? I'm about to buy a Tiger Shark locally, but should I wait until this problem is fixed?

Thanks,

Dan

Some people had problems with them leaking, not into the control box, just into the connector. I have to wonder how many of those leaks could have been prevented with the use of some silicone grease.

If you wait until Tesoro gets it fixed, you may never buy a Tiger Shark. Their supplier of the connector went out of business. Supposedly they have the injection molding equipment to start making their own, but it's been over a year now.

With the introduction of the AT Pro, I think Tesoro will have a long row to hoe recovering their water detector sales.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Keppy said:
Sandman said:

At last a honest man some one who admits there is a water detector as good as the Excalibur........But then a lot don't think so life with a closed mind i guess...... :headbang:

So the only honest people are the ones that agree with you?
Dont bang your head so much and you could think a lot clearer.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So why dont Tesoro just make them with a solid thru the wall coil wire seal like Fisher does.
Then the people that dont intend to ever change the coil anyway could buy one.
Later if the Tesoro engineers find the answer they could retro-fit the ones that wanted them.

Or they could just buy some waterproof connectors from Garrett.

Stopping production on a popular detector for over a year was a real bad call.
Others are starting to move in on that part of the water detector market.

Perhaps there is a total redesign or update of the Tiger Shark and that is why it has been delayed for so long.
That would make more sense.
About time Tesoro updated something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions