Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, I know who your referring to. I saw the same thing (in many threads) and I kept wondering "am I the only one seeing this?"

Always get drawn in to the odd threads. Just to try to figure out what's going on.:laughing7: I've even been accused of being a part of some of them...No, just get that bored and curious.:laughing7:

No clue what's going on with that poster though. I can;t figure it out.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a good one the other day Nitric-

"Wisdom speaks because it has something to say. Foolishness speaks because it has to say something".

I'm still not sure if I agree or not. :dontknow:

It is true to some extent though. Maybe its too complex of a thought for one sentence.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a good one the other day Nitric-

"Wisdom speaks because it has something to say. Foolishness speaks because it has to say something".

I'm still not sure if I agree or not. :dontknow:

It is true to some extent though. Maybe its too complex of a thought for one sentence.

If I had wisdom? I wouldn't have anything to say! :laughing7: Ohhh? Wait? Maybe? I shouldn't say that! :tard:

It's probably true depending on situation. :dontknow: A serious situation, or in an entertainment setting.

I find it to be true sometimes at jobs!

I have a friend that has a whole list of those type of sayings and some of that stuff makes no sense when you really start thinking about it.:laughing7: "There is no such thing as darkness. just the absence of light." Well, the definition of "darkness" is the absence of light. So there is such a thing. :laughing7:

Or "There is no such thing as cold, just the absence of heat". Same thing. I've argued these type of sayings with him till blue. They make sense to him though.

I'm soldering on a circuit board in the garage....You guys have some big spiders in the south! There are running all around inside the garage! Go to step on them? and they jump out of the way and laugh!

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't get what you did wrong... :dontknow: You posted in every thread? and someone told you to stop? I'm still dumb to forum etiquette. And I can see someone maybe being suspicious, but who would that actually really bother enough to pm and report you?:laughing7: That Idea cracks me up more than you posting in all the today's finds threads. I've probably done that in some forums at times not even thinking.:laughing7: Just showing support for someone that took the time to post their find or topic.

There are nights and some days, I'm bored out mind and post all over the place.:laughing7: Or get stuck on topics and hang out posting in the thread as I'm working on stuff jumping back and forth, usually the political forum, but not always. :laughing7:

I can't think of ever being annoyed by someone posting, confused at times, but who cares.The last Thread I was watching had someone posting tons of posts in a row quoting their own posts. That was a little odd, and drew me in out of curiosity. :laughing7: I've even started threads on projects or topics, away from the computer for a few days or weeks, then forget all about them. Can't even find them half the time unless they pop up on active topics while I'm watching.:laughing7:

At times this is my only link to people outside of the house! I just want to talk about anything! Whatever! It does not matter.....:laughing7:

See? I'm doing it here! Off topic rambling nonsense! But it kept me busy for a few minutes. :laughing7:

Nitric, please refrain from using":laughing7:" so many times in your posts. Please read our rules that apply to how many times you may use the same emoticon in one post!

Sorry, I was just trying to boost my "Likes".:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nitric, please refrain from using":laughing7:" so many times in your posts. Please read our rules that apply to how many times you may use the same emoticon in one post!

Sorry, I was just trying to boost my "Likes".:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

:laughing 7!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why in the world does anyone care about their own post count?

I kinda care about the "likes" some. Im fairly certain that I have a unique sense of humor, or at least have a somewhat frivolous perspective. In face to face situations I can tell when I'm the only one the that understands what I am saying by the reaction of other people's faces. Not so on the internet. Liking a post is akin to smiling or nodding in agreement IMO. Not so much an ego boost to a guy like me as it is confirmation that I ain't just being offensive.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just throw those everywhere. I don't take much serious, those are my way of showing....It's all in fun!:laughing7: Thats hard to tell when reading some posts since you can't see the person. You have no idea if they are really serious or joking around.

Most of my posts have them in them. I like the little smiley guy! He's my friend! So! If you see one of my posts that have those? It's just a bunch of crap! I was bored! There is some kind of multiple meaning or just plain nonsense. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread