D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely not. The ATP is the best you can buy for the money. There are really no issues with it. Most of what you read are from new users and those that don't have at least 100 hours on it. It takes awhile to get used to because of standard and pro modes but after you get used to it you will wonder why you bought your 350 even though you love it.

it takes a lot of experimenting with different setting after you think you know it but after awhile you will hit on settings you like for every type of hunting you like to do. I did it by trying new settings for an hour or so then went back to what worked etc until I really thought I knew the detector. The darn thing is a coin hog from anywhere to 6" deep. You need to get the 5x8 coil when you can afford it and that makes a huge difference. Talk to Bart at big boys hobbies

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In April 2013 I was brandy new to metal detecting. I have the AT Pro and to date have found one dozen large cents, quite a few silvers and more stinkin lincolns than I can count. Counting up coin values plus clad my AT Pro is almost paid for.....Its an awesome machine especially w the 5x8 on it and I'm as tech challenged as any man on this earth so if I can use it so can you......buy it :)

Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first detector last year and it was an ATP. My problem with it was it was so easy, especially as a newbie, to leave it in standard mode and let it ring away. I tried the Pro mode but kept going back to the standard because it was so easy. Well I finally forced myself to learn the Pro mode and learn what the machine was saying to me. I think the problem I had at first, besides my inexperience, was in the Pro mode there isn't a whole lot of difference between the mid range and the high range, where as in the standard you cannot miss that loud train crossing ringing! Now all I use is Pro mode and I am learning something new every time I take it out. Just a lot in Pro mode to take in for someone who just picked up their first machine, but patience and time with it and it will become your best friend!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With experience with the ACE350 you will be using the ATP in std mode the first day. But learn the pro mode ASAP, it tells you so much more just in the tones. Just from the tone, i can tell you if it is a bottle cap, an iron object that is large enough to ring high, etc., etc. also you can tell alot about depth just from the volume or softness of the tone. The pro mode is how this machine finds trash amidst a pile of trash. But it will take some time and patience. Go get the ATpro!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions