Whats up with brazil?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every watch I have listed online, almost every item I have is eligible for the global shipping program. I don't ship first-class anymore or anything outside of the country because I keep getting screwed but have had no problems through global shipping program (yet). Every time I have a watch up there listed, I get an email from somebody asking if I will mail it to Brazil first class. And normally I wouldn't think anything of it but this is probably the 15th email I've gotten in the last couple months asking if I'll mail a watch to Brazil. Maybe they are learning how to tell time down there?

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ship anything first class or parcel post out of continental USA. My wife sold a $179 pair of boots to a guy in Hawaii. He requested parcel post to save on shipping. She put tracking on it. Parcel post to Hawaii goes to the west coast and sits until they have enough for a boatload before it goes out. Buyer started an undelivered case two weeks after sale and wanted a full refund. When Ebay was contacted, their representative asked for Customs Form Number. When asked why they needed a customs number, My wife was told Hawaii was not in USA. Even though tracking proved that it was waiting for the boat, ebay pulled the funds from my wife's paypal for his refund. Three weeks later delivery conformation said it was delivered. When she contacted Ebay, she was told "too Bad'', Case has been closed. My wife was out of over $200 and ###hole got free boots.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ship anything first class or parcel post out of continental USA. My wife sold a $179 pair of boots to a guy in Hawaii. He requested parcel post to save on shipping. She put tracking on it. Parcel post to Hawaii goes to the west coast and sits until they have enough for a boatload before it goes out. Buyer started an undelivered case two weeks after sale and wanted a full refund. When Ebay was contacted, their representative asked for Customs Form Number. When asked why they needed a customs number, My wife was told Hawaii was not in USA. Even though tracking proved that it was waiting for the boat, ebay pulled the funds from my wife's paypal for his refund. Three weeks later delivery conformation said it was delivered. When she contacted Ebay, she was told "too Bad'', Case has been closed. My wife was out of over $200 and ###hole got free boots.

If you are going to send anything to Alaska or Hawaii by USPS, always send it priority mail. I've had similar problems in the past and learned my lesson.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I had that happen with the Nintendo Wii. It was in the post office forever and I finally had to refund the guy actually open the case and then I got delivered a couple weeks later. I just sent a pair of earrings priority express to a lady in Hawaii.

In fact I just sent a ring to Alaska and the lady complained that it took to long to get there and she wanted her money back. I told her to send the ring back and I would refund her. They took eight days the mail from Florida to where she was. In Anchorage Alaska.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to send anything to Alaska or Hawaii by USPS, always send it priority mail. I've had similar problems in the past and learned my lesson.
Agreed. I just mailed a priority package to Anchorage on Monday, received today.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

I completely understand items taking a long time to go from Florida to Alaska. However, I find the above hard to believe as it goes against everything I have ever encountered with ebay. If you have tracking, that is all that is required for ebay per their own terms and conditions. The part about Hawaii not being in the US just sounds made up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread