Whats up with Minelab, why can I not get parts?

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Re: What's up with Minelab, why can I not get parts?

JohnnieWalker said:
What's going on with Minelab, anyone know why I cannot get parts?

My dealer doesn't know and when I called them in Las Vegas they could not give me an answer and nobody wants to say anything.

What is going on, are they in financial trouble or something?

I was told by Trinia in Minelab when I talked to her a month or so ago that they were behind on some detectors and spare parts. Just like other manufactors ML has ramped up production of the gold machines due to the high demand for them overseas.....

What exactly are you looking for? I know several years back it was not policy to ship "parts" to a customer.

It's not a huge deal just that I bought a new SEF coil for my Safari and the SEF wire is a little thicker than stock so feeding the new coil through the lower shaft each time I want to swap it is a pain. So I used my minelab coupon at KellyCo when I stopped in for a visit to get that shaft. This will make it very easy to swap coils on the unit.

So, I am not out, just impatient you could say. I used to work in manufacturing so I understand sometimes things can take 6-8 weeks depending on the production schedule. But what concerns me is they couldn't give me a date at all.

Oh well, I am not going to worry about it, we got a great weekend coming up and I plan to hit both the beach AND the relic fields. I better charge up the camcorder!

JohnnieWalker said:
It's not a huge deal just that I bought a new SEF coil for my Safari and the SEF wire is a little thicker than stock so feeding the new coil through the lower shaft each time I want to swap it is a pain. So I used my minelab coupon at KellyCo when I stopped in for a visit to get that shaft. This will make it very easy to swap coils on the unit.

So, I am not out, just impatient you could say. I used to work in manufacturing so I understand sometimes things can take 6-8 weeks depending on the production schedule. But what concerns me is they couldn't give me a date at all.

Oh well, I am not going to worry about it, we got a great weekend coming up and I plan to hit both the beach AND the relic fields. I better charge up the camcorder!

Until you get the shaft just carry a shoelace in your pocket to feed through! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back