Whats up with the dollar coin?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's up with the dollar coin?

Credit card rebate! Because the shipping is free. You can order with credit card and some credit cards have 1% back or more with no cap. So if you order $10k per week, $40K per month and you have to go to your bank anyway, you can make $400 per month. Why not in this economy. A very good partime job for some retirees.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Yinzi50 said:
Credit card rebate! Because the shipping is free. You can order with credit card and some credit cards have 1% back or more with no cap. So if you order $10k per week, $40K per month and you have to go to your bank anyway, you can make $400 per month. Why not in this economy. A very good partime job for some retirees.

Exactly, why I have been doing it. I use my discover card and with the rewards I'm able to eat out for free. Some of the restaurants give gift cards exceeding the rewards earned. 40 reward points = $45 gift card. Eat at Chilli's or Applebee's with the 2 for $20 deal and the gift card goes a long way. In addition, our Applebee's gives credits for each dollar spent. Certain days they give double credits. Once you earn 100 credits, you receive a $10 credit on your next visit.

In addition, I look for the errors and be sure to put away some rolls of the Native American coin. It is a limited mintage with a 1 year design. I've already been offered $3/coin.

OP
OP
joad

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

I guess if you were strapped for cash you could charge an order on a low interest card. Alot lower interest than a cash advance. Airline miles? Now that I think about it, there are many possibilties.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

joad said:
I guess if you were strapped for cash you could charge an order on a low interest card. Alot lower interest than a cash advance. Airline miles? Now that I think about it, there are many possibilties.

I do it for the rewards. Pay off the amount charged every month and you don't have to worry about the interest. Plus, for those that are trying to establish/reestablish credit, it is an easy way to do it.

XX

Jan 11, 2008

I make 2% with Schwab, but I know people that are able to pull off 5% rebates.

The mint has recently started to crack down again on repeat orders so you may see the flow of dollar coins decline a little.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread