Whats your detector look like now? Mine is pretty muddy!

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 2013muddydetector 001.JPG
    2013muddydetector 001.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 100

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How and where do you transport soething that dirty? I have a pickup but it has leather seats and i sure dont want my $700.00 detector bouncing around in the bbed of my truck.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's what my detector looks like these days with the ground thawed out. I don't even bother cleaning it between hunts anymore. Post pics of what yours looks like, i know i'm not the only one with a Muddy Detector!

You have to stop "drunk posting" FlyinRyan! OMG dude, show some pride! :laughing7:

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain ryan,My detector is caked with a mix of top soil and clay,The rain on the east coast has turned VA into a muddy frickin mess these past couple of weeks.That detector looks mighty clean compared to mine right now.

HH John

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How and where do you transport soething that dirty? I have a pickup but it has leather seats and i sure dont want my $700.00 detector bouncing around in the bbed of my truck.

I only paid a little more then $700 for my car so if the hatch gets a little dirty that ok!

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain ryan,My detector is caked with a mix of top soil and clay,The rain on the east coast has turned VA into a muddy frickin mess these past couple of weeks.That detector looks mighty clean compared to mine right now.

HH John

I've been wearing my Hunting rain boots lately and in the one field i was in yesterday i was sinking in almost up past my ankles with ever step. It was a little bit muddier then that but i was on the phone with my wife and i knocked a lot of the mud off away from the pinpoint button, i couldn't even see the VDI numbers any more.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My detector has looked like that on many occasions, but I always clean it, and if it's been out in very damp conditions I remove the control box and leave it in the airing cupboard. If you don't clean them down, I garantee they will fail, and right when you are on a hot streack

SS

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flyinryan2 said:
I've been wearing my Hunting rain boots lately and in the one field i was in yesterday i was sinking in almost up past my ankles with ever step. It was a little bit muddier then that but i was on the phone with my wife and i knocked a lot of the mud off away from the pinpoint button, i couldn't even see the VDI numbers any more.

Hey, be happy you can get mud on your boots and detector. The ground thawed here for a couple days in a few places. Us in the land of frozen ground are living through the rest of you right now. So please step ot up before SAAD kicks in.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, I always clean mine. Mud on the coil will change your readings. I am in Maryland and after the 6" we got last nite, I sink in the yard about 3" with each step and I only weigh 190#. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread