Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bandido II μMAX is still my favorite.

Why? - It has all the functions I want, and in the μMAX size package. They have good depth (though not as deep as the HOT machines) and GREAT discrimination - probably Tesoro’s best. They’ll disc out steel bottlecaps while still hitting solidly on nickels. Bandido also has the audio tone I like. Since it seems people were missing the Bandido when it was replaced by the Vaquero, Tesoro eventually offered us the Outlaw. It’s also good, being Bandido based, but I still prefer the Bandidos. ^_^

I think Tesoro hasn’t made a better all-around land machine than the Bandido II μMAX.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he said ^^^^
Hahahahahahaha
But I do agree. For coin and jewelry it's great. Works well on bottle caps which can usually cause some of their relic machines problems. As an added bonus, it has the "old school" high tone that newer machines like the vaquero have to be sent in to try and match. (But still not as high pitched).
Something about the audio on the older "holes over the speaker" models that just work well with my ears. :-)

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do like that old school tone! I would say that I have two that I like. Relic hunting would be the vaquero (cibola for backup) and Bandido 2 umax would be the park machine w/ silver sabre umax for its backup)

OP
OP
L

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well early day's
But taking shape on favorite Tesoro detectors

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I have a vaquero with the 8x11, 8x9, and 5.75 conc. coils. It works well and have a coil for most places. It's the only detector I have because I don't feel that I need another one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
#1 Vaquero

#2 Compadre

#3 Sand Shark

#4 Lobo Super Traq

#5 Cibola

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Golden uMax. It's multi toned and the Ed120 is is a lot quieter in iron than the ED180. I use it for coin and relic hunting and it's very easy

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha isn't that the truth Stoof!

Terry, you need to expand the arsenal! Try a Bandido 2 Umax or a Silver Sabre Umax :)

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
X2 on the Golden. Tried many MicroMax machines from Silver to Cortez. Settled on the Golden for the tones and the notch. At first I was itching for the old tones but have become used to the new tones. When I am feeling lazy or just want to make some quick finds I always go with the Golden. Add a CleanSweep and become the master of the universe. Always time to put the 9x8 back on and finish off any hots spots that were discovered with the CSC. I traded gold found with the Silver for the Golden several years back. Golden took over from there and no regrets. Golden!

OP
OP
L

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like mine is still the Compadre. For it's raw power and simple.

But now closely followed by my new outlaw. Because it's new!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread